Columbus Marathon?

Wease

My wife had me chasing down her girlfriends around UA and downtown that were doing the full. At one point she got out to cheer them on while I waited. 30 minutes later I called her to wonder WTF she was doing, that her friends had to have passed her.

She tells me to come to Grandview to pick her up. My goofy girl jumped in with her friends and ran 4+ miles in Uggs. :lol:

Congrats to your wife, but dat-shi-cray. We're a half-marathon family...

F that how they block off traffic, took me an hour to get home when it takes 8 minutes.

hate how they close down the roads and don't let you through, and there is no way to get where you are going. so pissed!

Get over it and find another way.

Same comment for Pelotonia. This stuff happens with plenty of notice- it's on you to plan around it. They plan their shit a year in advance.

F that how they block off traffic, took me an hour to get home when it takes 8 minutes.

hate how they close down the roads and don't let you through, and there is no way to get where you are going. so pissed!

Road's closed, go be a crybaby somewhere else.

Congrats to everyone who ran. We live about a half-block from the 24 mile mark and went down and cheered people on for a while. There was a DJ set up there playing music - it was kind of cool. It was impressive how some people were running so fast and yet looked completely unfazed despite the fact that they had been running for 24 MILES by that point. Much respect. Edited by Dr. Pomade

"Find another way home pizza boy!"

One of my goals is a full marathon next year. I've done a few halfs, but mostly do 5-10k's and sprint tris.

So plan your route accordingly. Sounds like a case of not being in touch with what's going on around you.

no, I knew of it a week in advance, but once I was locked in their stupid loop there was no way out and no one could tell you how to get out, they all were helpless.

Personal best of 3:38:29 yesterday. Was aiming for 3:30 but my ankle started acting up again. Next one I'm doing is in February so hoping to hit it then.

HA you finished right before my buddy zach, his time was 3:38:48, average pace of 8:22/mi. I could do an 8:22 miles.... for one mile, crazy how you guys kept that pace for 26.

Some friends and I went down to grandview to cheer him on around mile 24, hes been training at this thing for months so least would could do was wake up early and show support.

"what did you do with your sunday"

"well I watched other people excercise"

"and then?"

"and then i got chipotle"

HA you finished right before my buddy zach, his time was 3:38:48, average pace of 8:22/mi. I could do an 8:22 miles.... for one mile, crazy how you guys kept that pace for 26.

Some friends and I went down to grandview to cheer him on around mile 24, hes been training at this thing for months so least would could do was wake up early and show support.

"and then?"

its crazy when you figure some people that win these go sub 4:30 miles the whole time.

most people can train a little and do a half marathon--i could probably do a decent half time (sub 8:00 mile) with no prep at all. but most who run a marathon need a formal training regimen---i.e. you just couldn't go out tomorrow and run a competitive time, unless you regularly train long distances. and to maintain 8:22 pace for 26 miles is impressive. people don't realize just how much the average runner's mile times drop off, the longer they run. i can do a 5k with a 6:50 pace, a 10k with a 7:05 pace, but my half marathon pace was 7:43 minute miles.

its crazy when you figure some people that win these go sub 4:30 miles the whole time.

most people can train a little and do a half marathon--i could probably do a decent half time (sub 8:00 mile) with no prep at all. but most who run a marathon need a formal training regimen---i.e. you just couldn't go out tomorrow and run a competitive time, unless you regularly train long distances. and to maintain 8:22 pace for 26 miles is impressive. people don't realize just how much the average runner's mile times drop off, the longer they run. i can do a 5k with a 6:50 pace, a 10k with a 7:05 pace, but my half marathon pace was 7:43 minute miles.

Yeah we saw a few of those kenyan's, they were fucking sick. they just get into a pace and stay there the entire time.

Longest I've ever run was 5 miles but I'm motivated to do a half next year. looked at a training schedule and it doesn't seem too intense, and i'm not a runner by any means.

Yeah we saw a few of those kenyan's, they were fucking sick. they just get into a pace and stay there the entire time.

Longest I've ever run was 5 miles but I'm motivated to do a half next year. looked at a training schedule and it doesn't seem too intense, and i'm not a runner by any means.

its not too bad at all. half's are totally doable for most people. i do not look like a runner at all---and two years ago, if you would have told me i'd be running as much as i do, i'd say hell no.

i run about 3-5 miles a day. some days i'll do 7 miles, some days i'll bike. you just burn off so much more calories running, its nuts. but the training regimen for a half marathon is not bad. 5k's are a little better suited for my build/muscle composition, so i enjoy them a bit more.

my gf is better suited for just about any distance running. we split a marathon this summer. i averaged 7:48 miles, she averaged 6:50 :lolguy:

"and then?"

That's sweet! Probably saw him at some point. My average was 8:20/mi but I typically do the first half slower. I averaged the first 13 around 8:45/mi and did the last 13 averaging under 8:00/mi.

Congrats to everyone who ran. We live about a half-block from the 24 mile mark and went down and cheered people on for a while. There was a DJ set up there playing music - it was kind of cool. It was impressive how some people were running so fast and yet looked completely unfazed despite the fact that they had been running for 24 MILES by that point. Much respect.

The trick to run long distance is

The faster you run the sooner you'll finish!! My best time was 3:28, back when I was 18. As of now, I don't think I can even do a 5k. Much respect for those who ran!!