2014 - 15 Winter Thread

Turbs3000

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah, im gussing 1-2" if were lucky..

1-2 wouldnt even qualify for the WWA. For us, WSWarning is 6" in 12 hours, and an advisory is 3" respectively.

Models are in pretty good agreement on 3-6 with a "lollipop" 7" somewhere.

4" at least at my place this morning. 310 and 161 were surprisingly very well cleared. Licking County does a great job out my way. Took me an extra 10 minutes to get to work on top of my normal 20 minute commute. Stelzer Rd was the worst road I encountered this morning.

4" at least at my place this morning. 310 and 161 were surprisingly very well cleared. Licking County does a great job out my way. Took me an extra 10 minutes to get to work on top of my normal 20 minute commute. Stelzer Rd was the worst road I encountered this morning.

City of Columbus and ODOT forgot to watch the panic weather reports

yea i was very pleased with how well 161 was plowed, I chose to get off at sunbury rd and take that to steltzer, what a mistake!! Steltzer was a mess and the people were full blown tards out there today

Merely a dusting here. ;)

Have a lime lapse setup - have around 8 k photos to process in it when I wake up, I'll post it when it's done.

I need a fun time lapse marker for these. :-/

Nice.. I had one set up but for some reason it stopped after 1 hour. Sad :(

We got about 3.5" of super fluffy snow in dublin. Was easy to brush off the car and sidewalk with a broom.

How are you doing your time lapse? cellphone? DSLR?

I have an old Samsung galaxy s2 running an app called lapse it. Its free, and all rendering and makes it into an mp4 for you. I had it set to snap a photo once a minute. Only bad part is it puts a very quick plug for itself at the beginning of the video. Its easy to edit out though.

Heres a sample of the november storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfwslx6zFNM&list=UU0qehhFzEqNBX1x6w8zkBag

Mine was with gopro

How long does the battery last using this method? Can you leave it plugged in? I just leave the phone plugged in while i'm running mine.

Got about 4" in Hilliard I'd say. Woke up at 5:40 and shoveled the driveway (I'm sure my neighbors loved that) and slid my way to the gym.

I drive Hilliard to Easton daily for work and it's usually a 20-30 minute drive. Took me an hour and 10 today and some dude in a silver Colbalt went right into a barrier in front me, then backed out and kept driving. It was pretty wicked.

Get the automated school-closed voice call at 5:45 this morning, and it looked like 3-4" of fluff in UA. Half hour to get to work where it normally takes 10-12 minutes. Not bad. Glad it was so cold that the snow hasn't yet melted and refreezed as a layer of ice on the roads.

315 was moving, albeit at 10mph. Made me glad I'm only on it for a few miles. Coworker came into the office from Powell at 9:30am...said it took her 2 hours. :dumb:

• 1 month later...
Snow has been crazy latly and the temp is making it tough. Also side note / venting why is it that people think if they slip and fall in say a Walgreens parking lot they are entitled to money. If your car slides off the highway do you send a bill to ODOT?

Snow has been crazy latly and the temp is making it tough. Also side note / venting why is it that people think if they slip and fall in say a Walgreens parking lot they are entitled to money. If your car slides off the highway do you send a bill to ODOT?

SHHHH. dont give anyone any ideas!!

On a side note....the ice formations that form under the dripping furnace exhaust pipes are pretty darn cool. Mine was about 6" from the pipe which is at least 3' off the ground. Broke it off...though I am not sure if it would ever clog the pipe seeing its hot air. Still concerning.