2014 - 15 Winter Thread

Turbs3000

So It may be a little early to start talking winter but I was curious as to how everyone who does snow removal is doing? Personally we have seen salt pricing jump nearly 40% and most places now have rules in place that you have to prepay the whole seasons salt up front.

Also, with last years winter being so good to the snow removal industry we have noticed a major influx in the "everyone with a truck thinks they can make a quick buck" crowd all hoping into the market this year.

What have you seen?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to close down my sprinkler system and install a new water meter. If anyone knows a company that does this let me know.

Are you currently metering the water used on the lawn and reporting it to the city or is that what you want to start doing?

Are you currently metering the water used on the lawn and reporting it to the city or is that what you want to start doing?

the current lawn water meter (that is separate) is malfunctioning and I need it replaced. supposedly is needs to be a certain kind so I thought whoever closes the system down should be able to handle it.

Haha. I actually cant do that. If it were to pack much and build up both our vehicles will hit the garage header. I gotta be on top of it with the snow shovel this year if we get any big dumps!

Me either. My driveway has a slight incline. I have to shovel the driveway and the road in front of it any time it snows. The city almost never plows our road so you can never get enough speed if it is covered.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone think we will get brutalized this winter or a mild winter with snow there and here?

I think the weather folks will hype it up like normal to get viewers excited, then nothing will happen. If we do get a couple good blasts of snow they will be right and celebrate but IMO they won't bat over 3/10 for predictions.

I think the weather folks will hype it up like normal to get viewers excited, then nothing will happen. If we do get a couple good blasts of snow they will be right and celebrate but IMO they won't bat over 3/10 for predictions.

You!

Get outta here!!

:p