Amazon Fire TV Stick - $20 - 2 day sale

TTQ B4U

Anyone own this and a Chromecast for comparison? I have a Chromecast, but maybe I'll pick this up for the other TV.

Don't own either, but ordered this. Specs wise this thing spanks the chromecast. I'll end up rooting this or just using it for Plex. AWESOME deal for what you are getting here.

Don't own either, but ordered this. Specs wise this thing spanks the chromecast. I'll end up rooting this or just using it for Plex. AWESOME deal for what you are getting here.

Fact that it has a remote makes it better than chromecast. Having to use your phone gets old. Can't lose at 20 bucks. I'd buy more if I could :fuckyeah:

Fact that it has a remote makes it better than chromecast. Having to use your phone gets old. Can't lose at 20 bucks. I'd buy more if I could :fuckyeah:

^^ this. The remote and price are what did it for me. Spent $20 on worse regularly.

Anyone own this and a Chromecast for comparison? I have a Chromecast, but maybe I'll pick this up for the other TV.

We have chromecast and use it almost more than we do the cable TV.

The fire isn't out yet. It releases nov 9 or something.

Both still need a wall outlet which is annoying but the remote is interesting

As a counterpoint, the only reason I _ever_ use my Chromecast is because I want to watch a bunch of youtube videos and I hate using my Roku remote to search for things. With my phone I get swype and predictive text, I can pull up videos real quick.

Shitty thing about the Chromecast is that I can't connect it to hotel wifi if said wifi requires an internet "terms of use" login. That's half the reason I got it. Might pick one of these up to to throw in my travel bag if it has that problem solved. Anyone know?

eta: Found an answer --

The Fire TV Stick will start shipping pre-orders on November 19, with plans to make the stick eventually capable of doing things like navigating hotel WiFi to ensure a unique level of portability.

I may hold off.

As a counterpoint, the only reason I _ever_ use my Chromecast is because I want to watch a bunch of youtube videos and I hate using my Roku remote to search for things. With my phone I get swype and predictive text, I can pull up videos real quick.

My roku 3 let's me search for and "sling" YouTube videos from my phone once I pair it. I have an s4 fwiw.

That said, I ordered the fire stick just to try.... Debating on upgrading to the voice control deal now also. Need to read up on it more but the interface sounds interesting.

If you find a link for this PM to me?