That time of year again

aussiek2000

With the weather forecasted this weekend and the way its been, I figured it was time to mount the Blizzaks up and take off the Invos. I don't plan to drive in the snow this year, but the extra traction in the cold in much better. Anyone else putting winter tires on their ride?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/aussiek2000/Pontiac/10365769_10154836858455232_7457662013907983019_n.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/aussiek2000/Pontiac/1554532_10154836858500232_7027432759654828728_n.jpg

Nope, one of mine is already put away for the season and as soon as i get a tranny put it my wifes car this weekend, the others goin away to. I just drive a little $500 beater, not worth the money for snow tires lol

I got a killer deal on these. $200 for 2 on ebay. And $60 for 2 on another forum. So $260 on a set of snow tires.

I got a killer deal on these. $200 for 2 on ebay. And $60 for 2 on another forum. So $260 on a set of snow tires.

Thats not bad at all.

It actually kind of sucks cause i didnt even realize it until about 3 weeks ago, but my GTO i just bought already has some pretty good ones on it, but im not driving it in the snow, and all my other cars have 16 inch wheels, so they are worthless to me lol

Probably swap our dailys over to snow sets this weekend.

The g/f said she didn't want me to because that means it will snow. women.

Nice to have dedicated sets so I dont have to swap tires around.

Running Conti Extreme Winters on both. Price was right and seem to do a good job on both fwd cars.

Good call, I bought the last two sets of snows used, always seem to be readily available. With a decent set of winter tires and the tc, the g8 was very capable. This'll be its first year in the garage, rock'n the old 4runner.

I'm rolling on my Eagle F1s until it snows.

Not sure if you had your car last winter but don't wait til it snows; they're fucking awful.

I've been driving on my Eagle F1s on the wear bars now for a month waiting for it to get cold enough for snows. Traction is hard to come by these days.

I always preferred Blizzaks but this past year I bought Goodyear UltraGrip Ice WRT for a couple reasons. 1) very inexpensive in my tire size and 2) 1-2/32 more tread depth than most other mfrs. They were incredibly durable and very grippy in the slush this past year.

Not sure if you had your car last winter but don't wait til it snows; they're fucking awful.

I've been driving on my Eagle F1s on the wear bars now for a month waiting for it to get cold enough for snows. Traction is hard to come by these days.

I always preferred Blizzaks but this past year I bought Goodyear UltraGrip Ice WRT for a couple reasons. 1) very inexpensive in my tire size and 2) 1-2/32 more tread depth than most other mfrs. They were incredibly durable and very grippy in the slush this past year.

Soon after I bought my car, I ordered some General Arctic Artimaxs and steelies from Derek when he was at Tire Discounters. I drove in snow with the Eagles once coming from the Dayton airport and I'll never do it again. They haven't turned into hockey pucks yet, however.

Soon after I bought my car, I ordered some General Arctic Artimaxs and steelies from Derek when he was at Tire Discounters. I drove in snow with the Eagles once coming from the Dayton airport and I'll never do it again. They haven't turned into hockey pucks yet, however.

Just checked my tread depth. Rears at 2/32, fronts at 1/32 :lolguy::dumb::yuno:

Winters go on Monday.

These will have to do.

http://i.imgur.com/gthKr7h.jpg

I rock the same on mine.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/NewGrille_zps586928eb.jpg

My truck has shitty coopers that are at the wear bars after a mere 20-25k so I'll skate on those till I smack something since work and our fleet manager won't let me replace them.