College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

The context of what he said makes it much less in your face. A reporter woman asked if they were going to win and he replied we will get a win tomorrow. This was a pep rally type atmosphere as one of the ten million ES(ec)PN shows was broadcasting while this was happening.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dantonio seems pretty soft spoken, maybe he is worried about OSU more than anyone really knows. Maybe that guarantee was more him trying to wake his team up than waking up Ohio State. Although, I sure hope that backfires on him and OSU comes out on fire. If they play conservative football like Herman is known to do, I too will be calling for his job. I was calling for it after the Michigan State game last year, the dude has done nothing to impress me since being at Ohio State. Urban even made mention during halftime at PSU that the team needed to open things up, yet they didn't haha. Maybe Urban will have to step up and be the head coach for once and just take over the offense. I am optimistic about tomorrow, but wouldn't be surprised of OSU left with a loss. This was honestly the only game of the season that made me nervous (I thought they'd pound Va Tech).

I was actually really unsure about the VT game going in. Just the way everyone on the VT side was talking about the game, I knew there had to be some juju going on that we were blind to. This ended up being the case as it seemed like VT had focused on this OSU game all fall camp. I don't get that feeling this time. The coaches seem loose, which to me, makes me think that they are very confident in their gameplan. We all know that Meyer isn't one to pull punches when discussing his team.

So I went and watched Joe Burrows play tonight, I can't say I walked away overly impressed, but I don't really have anything bad to say about the kid. He threw flat routes and bubble screens about 95% of the time, his play makers would turn those in to 15-25 yard gains. I don't think he threw a pass longer than 25 yards in the air the entire night. The competition (Granville) was not anyone that would really test him or his team. He had all day to sit in the pocket and decide where he wanted to throw the ball. The Athens team is loaded with athletes at the skill positions, running back is going to Ohio and 2 of his receivers are 6'4+. He was more mobile than I expected, not overly fast, but elusive enough to pick up yards. It will be interesting to see how well he does in the playoffs as they begin to play better teams that will challenge them.

I was never confident about VT. Even before the Braxton injury. Bud Foster is too good of a defensive coordinator and he showed that by coming out with a defense that stifled a young QB, OL and even the staff. Unfortunately that D is something of a one trick pony and once people knew to expect it they knew how to beat it and VT spent so much time on it in fall camp, as LJ mentioned, that they kinda screwed themselves over.

The Dantonio thing was surprising. Earlier in the week everyone talked about how MSU was favored by no matter what Dantonio makes his team feel like it's them against the world, that they're disrespected, etc., etc. Maybe he was just comfortable enough with the work they'd done this week in practice to say something like that in the pep rally-esque setting that it was said in but it's definitely out of character for him.

Haha.....bama will only fall to 11 :gabe:

Want another $50 bet on the osu game?

If I didn't already have a straight bet with a member here and a per point bet with someone else I would take you up on it.

If Bama looses they will still be ahead of OSU even if they win LOL sec quality loss

If I didn't already have a straight bet with a member here and a per point bet with someone else I would take you up on it.

If Bama looses they will still be ahead of OSU even if they win LOL sec quality loss

Nope.....osu will jump both sec west 2 loss teams if that happens. I guess ole miss might lose today too.....playing that powerhouse Presbyterian....miss st has a tough one too....5-5 fcs ut martin

They have had a pretty easy schedule so far I agree. They will be tested in the last 3 of their 4 games.

I really really hope tonight's game isn't a snooze fest like the 2011 lsu bama game with the high score of 9-6 lol.

They have had a pretty easy schedule so far I agree. They will be tested in the last 3 of their 4 games.

I really really hope tonight's game isn't a snooze fest like the 2011 lsu bama game with the high score of 9-6 lol.

Yeah, like (DJ and) I said, if Bama wins out, then they deserve a lofty ranking.

Regarding that 9-6 game:

If B10 teams have that score: OMG LOOK AT ALL THOSE SLOW STUPID IDIOTS THEY CANT SCORE GROSS GO BACK TO THE MAC

But then it's 2 SEC powers: OMFG LOOK AT THOSE TENACIOUS DEFENSES WHAT SKILL AND POWER AND SPEED THEY POSSESS