College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say $50 straight up.

Also, let's agree that we'll all try to get together for drinks at BW3's or somewhere to watch a Thursday night game or something. Winner can collect there, we can all hang out and talk football, etc. We've been trying to plan a get together like this for a while.

Let me know when you wanna meet up to collect your winnings

So what's everyone's projections for the playoffs?

Here's how I see the top 4 teams

Florida state

Alabama

Oregon

TCU/OSU (not sure if OSU can get enough love to jump TCU)

Would love to see Bama vs OSU in playoff

Florida state vs Oregon.

Then watch Bama and Oregon play for the title

What's your scenario? (Btw this is assuming Bama beats Miss st next week)

Don't celebrate until you're in the endzone.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11844727&categoryid=2378529

That was a HUGE swing. No telling how much that impacted the outcome. Clearly Oregon looked better the whole game after tnat, but with momentum and the crowd having an impact, it's possible Utah could have had a fighting chance.

Just compared a couple game stats...Barrett vs. Mariota against MSU.

Mariota : 17-28 318 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs. 9 rushes 42 yards 0 TDs.

Barrett : 16-26 300 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs. 14 rushes 86 yards 2 TDs.

Pretty solid considering Mariota is leading the heisman race pretty handily. Also, consider the fact Mariota got MSU at home while Barrett got them at home.

The refs gave Bama the game.. lol They might be no.3 now but now they are the no.1 most overrated team in the country.

But congrats

Let's see. Bama barely sqeaks by a lower ranked LSU in OT, and #6 TCU stomps a hole in # 7 Kansas team. I think TCU should leap frog Bama to #3. OSU should move into top 10.

Well, that was thoroughly satisfying. From what I remember seeing through my alcohol-induced haze, Ohio State looked good.

jive - maybe we can arrange a time for all of us to get together at BW3's or something and we can square up then.

Josh - yup, we fucked LSU right in the pussy.

Something to think about: TCU can win out and still not be the conference champs. Rather, that would go to Baylor if Baylor wins out. Also, if both of those teams win out, how is the committee going to justify ranking TCU higher than Baylor when head-to-head goes to Baylor?

Josh, I'm with you: I think Bama rolls Miss State. That glass slipper is about to fall off. Of course, I'm hoping that Bama gets annihilated. Not only because that would cause jive much angst, but it would help Ohio State's playoff chances most. If Bama gets exposed, then everyone can call them frauds and send them tumbling out of the rankings. If Miss State looses, then they get to create more logjam in the SECfest at the top of the rankings.

I hope Nebraska continues winning. I hope Ohio State continues improving and continues winning. Ohio State should hope - for both their playoff hopes and just in the spirit of playing tough competition - that they play a one-loss Nebraska in the CCG that is playing well.

#19-#22 range feels about right, don't you think?

Haha, beat top 8 team drop 6 spots. SEC! SEC!

I am pulling for Bama to beat Miss St and then lose to Auburn. Then have Miss St lose to Ole Miss, then you have nothing but 2 loss SEC teams. Gonna be hard to get a 2 loss SEC team in above a 1 loss conference champion from the other power 5 conferences.

Minnesota being 7-2 or 8-2 (can't remember exactly) should help Ohio State and then as you said a 1 loss Nebraska team in the CCG would be huge. Now we say this and Nebraska will go out and lay an egg against Wisconsin this week.

Unfortunately Urban Meyer and the rest of the coaching staff hasn't really given us a reason to be hopeful yet.

Here is how the game will go for OSU depending on one thing.

Situation A) They play conservative Tom Herman style primetime football, they lose by 17.

Situation B) They open it up, have some faith in the players and play-makers on offense, they win by double digits.

I truly believe that is what it comes down to. Let's see how it goes...

Its like I was on the field coaching :cool:

8 in the AP. One thing that surprises me and makes me kind of laugh is the voters apparently felt a win against Utah was more impressive than a win against LSU as Oregon jumped to #3 ahead of Alabama hahahaha

Miss St

FSU

Oregon

Bama

TCU

Baylor

Arizona St

Ohio State

Auburn (LOL)

Ole Miss

Nebraska 11

Michigan State 12

Wisconsin 22

Still no love for Minnesota

Latest Bowl mathups, these do not scream ratings monsters

Cotton: TCU vs Ohio State 1/1/2015 Arlington, TX At-large

Fiesta: Boise State vs Arizona State 12/31/2014 Glendale, AZ At-large

Orange: Duke vs Mississippi State 12/31/2014 Miami, FL ACC 1 vs. Big Ten/Notre Dame/SEC

Peach: Michigan State vs Auburn 12/31/2014 Atlanta, GA At-large

8 in the AP. One thing that surprises me and makes me kind of laugh is the voters apparently felt a win against Utah was more impressive than a win against LSU as Oregon jumped to #3 ahead of Alabama hahahaha

Miss St

FSU

Oregon

Bama

TCU

Baylor

Arizona St

Ohio State

Auburn (LOL)

Ole Miss

Nebraska 11

Michigan State 12

Wisconsin 22

Still no love for Minnesota

How in the fuck is fraudburn that high after losing to the faggies?