College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Can't believe you all were on here during the game. :lol: at all the comments.

I couldn't get online or even use my phone. Laser focused. Kept expecting us to blow it. It was quite refreshing to see adjustments being made (specifically 1st half errors corrected at the half) and aggressive play calling for a full 60 minutes.

GO BUCKS!

PS - Nice lucky win 'Bama. :)

So, A&M will get into the #12 spot with the win ;)

They received 83 votes this week in the AP, #25 got 87 lol

LSU dropped to 20, Utah to 25 lol. I laugh cause both lost to equally ranked opponents at home, yet the SEC team barely moves down.

The most disrespected team in the poll is Duke imo.

They received 83 votes this week in the AP, #25 got 87 lol

LSU dropped to 20, Utah to 25 lol. I laugh cause both lost to equally ranked opponents at home, yet the SEC team barely moves down.

The most disrespected team in the poll is Duke imo.

Minnessota too. No way A&M should ahead or even close to Minn.

Minnesota has a "quality loss" to TCU, they did lose to terrible Illinois by 4 points as well though. Had it not been for that, they are a 1 loss top 15-20 team in my opinion.

With that said, they could end up with 5 losses haha. They end the season with OSU then @Nebraska, @Wisconsin.

Minnesota has a "quality loss" to TCU, they did lose to terrible Illinois by 4 points as well though. Had it not been for that, they are a 1 loss top 15-20 team in my opinion.

If they were in the SEC with a "quality loss" to TCU, they would be in the top 10 mayb even top 5.

With that said, they could end up with 5 losses haha. They end the season with OSU then @Nebraska, @Wisconsin.

Ohio State will want to be more impressive against them than TCU was, if possible. CFP committee may use it as a measuring stick if comparing resumes of TCU and Ohio State.

(I don't remember that game - did TCU wax Minnesota?)

Ohio State will want to be more impressive against them than TCU was, if possible. CFP committee may use it as a measuring stick if comparing resumes of TCU and Ohio State.

(I don't remember that game - did TCU wax Minnesota?)

TCU won 30-7, but consider these two variables. They played Minnessota at home, and the game this weekend will be in the teens. If the committee does a straight up comparison, I feel like that wouldn't be an accurate measurement. Then again, does anything in college football this year make sense?

TCU won 30-7, but consider these two variables. They played Minnessota at home, and the game this weekend will be in the teens. If the committee does a straight up comparison, I feel like that wouldn't be an accurate measurement. Then again, does anything in college football this year make sense?

If TCU plays at Minnesota in the teens, lol the score might be the other way around.

If TCU plays at Minnesota in the teens, lol the score might be the other way around.

Look what happened to TCU at WVU......coldish and raining. WVU choked it away. Will Baylor jump TCU this week since they beat them? Head to head was supposed to be a HUGE part of the rankings this year. We shall see.

I am LOVING the respect Ohio State is getting. Mike and Mike's word of the day today was "Buckeyes" and Urban was on the show at 7:15 this morning. People are finally starting to see that the VT game was because of shitty circumstances and that this is a totally different team. I expect to be 8-9 tomorrow from CFP.

I am LOVING the respect Ohio State is getting. Mike and Mike's word of the day today was "Buckeyes" and Urban was on the show at 7:15 this morning. People are finally starting to see that the VT game was because of shitty circumstances and that this is a totally different team. I expect to be 8-9 tomorrow from CFP.

I read an article this morning about OSU looking like Florida did on offense against us in the title game. "SEC speed to the B1G" "Be on alert B1G. Meyer has the speed again"

You can not ignore how well they played on Saturday. Now it's time to keep it up and fight for a chance at the top 4 come December.

I'm hoping for 7 or 8. If we are 8th, we will most likely be the ranked as the 2nd worst 1 loss team behind only Nebraska. I'm hoping maybe the committee will put us up above Arizona St, although that will be tough given their showing against ND. Too bad FSU plays a hilarious schedule, so they're pretty much a lock. There best chance to lose all season is this week against Miami.

I'm hoping for 7 or 8. If we are 8th, we will most likely be the ranked as the 2nd worst 1 loss team behind only Nebraska. I'm hoping maybe the committee will put us up above Arizona St, although that will be tough given their showing against ND. Too bad FSU plays a hilarious schedule, so they're pretty much a lock. There best chance to lose all season is this week against Miami.

or some how Florida pulls it off the upset in the rivalry game.

We should be ahead of Nebraska in the CFP poll.

KSU, Notre Dame, Auburn and Michigan State should drop behind OSU. So that puts OSU at 9th. The question is whether or not the committee can get the SEC's balls out of their mouth long enough to move OSU ahead of 2-loss Ole Miss. Also if said balls prevent them from dropping Auburn below OSU.

Same here - very much enjoying it. Cowherd was raving about them early in his broadcast. (Didn't listen after first few minutes, so not sure if he later started bashing them.) I thought he brought up a great point: CFB is the only sport in which teams aren't allowed to suck at any point during the season. In all other sports, you can be fuck ups earlier in the season and still be allowed to get your shit together and win big at the end. Now, with the playoff, CFB allows some room for improvement. Some, not a lot, but at least some.

Also, I almost typed this before the Michigan State game, but couldn't pull the trigger. So, you'll have to trust me that I'm telling the truth when I say I was thinking this before the game.

1. I always like Ohio State as underdogs on the road. In fact, I like Ohio State on the road more than I like them at home in big games. I think Ohio State falls into a false sense of security when they play at home. When they're on the road, they seem to get more focused, more intense. Maybe I'm just making that up, but it's the sense that I've gotten out of Ohio State in the past several years.

2. Ohio State kind of owns Michigan State. People forget that Ohio State has beaten Michigan State like 9 out of the last 11 times they've played (and thus 8 out of 10 before this past weekend). Also, Ohio State hasn't LOST in East Lansing in like 15 years or something stupid like that. I think there has been a lot of hype created to make Ohio State-MSU into this budding rivalry and, with that, a lot of people have forgotten just how lopsided the affair is and has been.

while he is a good player... we have two more that play the same roll. Marshall is flat out better right now then Dontre, in special teams and on offense. Samuel can grow up some more.

Never want to loose any weapons, however this one is okay.

OSU on the Minnesota.. in my thoughts.

They are going to run all "cant touch this" parachute pants and all on minisoda.

They are a "pleasant" surprise for a heaping pile of rancid crap that is the big ten.

We may not punt the ball in this game. Poor Cam doesnt even get enough reps to look good for the pros' ....He can thank JT later I guess.

Kill is already on seizure alert, because his eyes are going to be crossed from how bad we smack his team around.