Used Mil-Spec HUMMERS for sale starting at $10k!

zeitgeist57

I don't know how I feel about buying a vehicle where there is the potential to find human fluids, excised body parts, and maybe shell casings or unfired rounds of an unknown origin when I clean under the seats.

If your first thought when seeing "Humvee for sale" is "I'd have to clean under the seats", you're probably not the target market anyways.

I don't know how I feel about buying a vehicle where there is the potential to find human fluids, excised body parts, and maybe shell casings or unfired rounds of an unknown origin when I clean under the seats.

Most of these, if not all, have been here in the US their entire lives. They sit on bases and are used for training or local patrols and what not.

Some places you can actually get these registered for the street with some modifications.

Don't get a boner about used military equipment. Humves suck, slow, underpowered, overweight, uncomfortable. For 10k you could have something way better

Unless you were specifically looking for a SHTF vehicle. Humvee would be pretty nice to have in zombpocalypse.

10k is a hard sell when a deuce and a half will do everything the humvee does for less.

Or this.

Is that thing legal to drive on the street?

I ask because within the next year or two we'll be moving closer to work and school. Everything will be walking distance, so I want something that'll be outrageous just cause. The plate will be something along the line hybrid or gas sipper,...

That vehicle will fit the bill perfectly, except it will probably not fit in the garage.

18k... f that you can get those things in the Midwest for like 4-6... wonder what it would take to drive it on the street other then a cdl.

Anything not used for commercial purposes can be operated without a CDL. You can go out and buy a Freightliner tomorrow and drive it around, as long as it is personal use.

Anything not used for commercial purposes can be operated without a CDL. You can go out and buy a Freightliner tomorrow and drive it around, as long as it is personal use.

I may be wrong but I believe anything over 26000 lbs requires a cdl unless for recreational use, I don't think personal use defines recreational use.

I may be wrong but I believe anything over 26000 lbs requires a cdl unless for recreational use, I don't think personal use defines recreational use.

Almost correct, cdl required over 26,000 or over 16 passengers in most states might even be federal rule, not sure.

2.5 ton Deuce =24,000 and hydraulic brakes

5 ton truck and pretty sure that HEMMIT has air brakes so cdl plus air brake endorsement regardless. If you try to pull a trailer you just upped yourself to a class A. So they can be expensive to own. The 5ton sell for around 5k though.