Ohio Deli burns to the ground

DaddyBuiltRacing

I thought I heard they recently opened a small place in Delaware... but I kinda think the tinyness adds to the charm. Not sure it would be as popular if it was just another Max and Erma's size place.

I've never been because a 2 hour wait doesn't equate to "charm" IMO. I've heard great things though.

I've never been because a 2 hour wait doesn't equate to "charm" IMO. I've heard great things though.

You're missing out. Get the Thurmanator. If you go when they open at 11 you usually won't wait.

The food is delicious, don't get me wrong. The wait times just kind of ruin it for ya. I think the same about Schmidts as well though, good food, horrible wait times.

I've got no problem waiting for something good, as long as they consistently deliver what they promise. In all aspects of life, not just food.

The family that owns Ohio Deli needs $19k to rebuild it and the host of Man vs Food started a Gofundme to help:

http://www.gofundme.com/jh2p70

That's pretty cool, but insurance isn't helping?

Also, whoever wrote that summary has some serious work to do in the spelling and grammar department.

I REALLY hope they don't walk away. I did the dagwood challenge on December 1st, 2011 (showed my coworkers the picture today) and finished with about 45 seconds to spare. Puked in my mouth twice during it and ate my own puke, then puked in the parking lot after I got my picture taken. Ah, the memories.

Me and a couple buddies were just talking about going there Saturday for lunch. Went to Los Guachos instead. :(

This had me laughing out loud at my desk.

I REALLY hope they don't walk away. I did the dagwood challenge on December 1st, 2011 (showed my coworkers the picture today) and finished with about 45 seconds to spare. Puked in my mouth twice during it and ate my own puke, then puked in the parking lot after I got my picture taken. Ah, the memories.

I did the challenge a few years ago. Had about 30 seconds to spare. Then stopped by DQ for a large blizzard to wash it all down. Finished that too. Good times. Good times.

This had me laughing out loud at my desk.

Haha I'm telling you man, it was a time in my life where I re-evaluated the paths I had taken to that point. A real turning point for me.

I'm guessing $19k is out-of-pocket expenses after insurance coverage.

Makes sense, I'm sure the rebuild cost on this is huge.

From what I've read, the money is also going towards employee salary assistance while they rebuild.

That's awesome they're doing that!

I did the challenge a few years ago. Had about 30 seconds to spare. Then stopped by DQ for a large blizzard to wash it all down. Finished that too. Good times. Good times.

Jesus dud, you're a better man than I. I will say, I was hungry as fuck after I puked it all out, but had I kept it all down I probably wouldn't have eaten for days.

• 4 weeks later...