College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening and reading about Oregon's defense, the only part of it that worries me is their ends. Both of those guys are freakishly tall for football DE's, 6'7 and 6'8. The line will have to keep those guys hands down, so they can't bat balls down.

I am going to predict Elliott gets 165 yards rushing against Oregon and scores the game winning TD.

Watching that I realized just how crucial Tyvis' INT at the end of the game was. He went up and snatched the ball from right above 2 Bama WR's. He doesn't do that and one of them could have easily come up with it or maybe it bounces to their TE Howard...

http://i.imgur.com/Chq3raF.jpg

He gave up the huge completion that led to them making it a 7-point game but looking more at the INT... it was much more than just catching a desperation arm punt at the end of a game.

Powell was also huge last year against Michigan.

It's amazing how bad he is a lot of the time that he is able to do stuff like be exactly where Michigan was going on that 2-pt and then go up and grab the INT vs. Bama.

And 5* RB Damien Harris is headed to Bama. Figured that was the case when he went to the Iron Bowl way back in November. I think by then he realized he wasn't going to UK and needed to brush up on the knowledge of his "backup plan."

It's amazing how bad he is a lot of the time that he is able to do stuff like be exactly where Michigan was going on that 2-pt and then go up and grab the INT vs. Bama.

And 5* RB Damien Harris is headed to Bama. Figured that was the case when he went to the Iron Bowl way back in November. I think by then he realized he wasn't going to UK and needed to brush up on the knowledge of his "backup plan."

TJ Yeldon leaving early may have played a factor in this as well.

Bama is still stacked at running back. Henry is only a sophmore, they have the #9 rb in the 2015 class to go with #4 Harris, 2014 they didn't take one but 2013 they took the #4, 8 and 10 running backs, plus Derrick Henry who was the #1 athlete listed that year. Wish him the best but I think OSU is fine at the running back position with who they currently have and who they have coming in the next couple years.

Bama's recruiting is in a whole different world, just looked at their class and it's enough to make you puke haha. Doesn't hurt when you over sign like a mother fucker and eliminate kids every year with "medical hardships"

If OSU loses... it's on me guys.

I'll burn your couch.

You complete me.

<3

I'm totally superstitious like that too. I realize I'm an idiot because of that, but I don't care.

My wife makes fun of me, but when it "works" I am sure to tell her, "TOLD YA SO!"

Also, when I think about the game, I keep going back and forth: at times, I feel great about Ohio State's chances, and then I will convince myself that there's no stopping Marriotta and we will die horrible deaths. It's like one of those games where I can make a solid case for either team winning and I wouldn't be surprised regardless of what the outcome is.

Either way, at least we beat 'Bama and looked good doing it.

ALSO, the trailer is out, someone post it.

Yes-sah Massa!

Watching that I realized just how crucial Tyvis' INT at the end of the game was.

Kind of like his INT to stop Hoke's 2 point conversion play last year? Tyvis Clutch.

(Then I read more and others mentioned this...)

Does anyone know why they play the Championships on a weekday...that shit pisses me off.

Money? I dunno. The Super Bowl is always Sunday night (work day next day) too.

I hate to see players get injured, especially ones with a legit career chance in the pro's (see: Willis McGahee), but :megusta: to the idiots who remove themselves and improve our chances for a win.

Oregon is without their starting TE as well.

"Oregon WR Darren Carrington failed drug test, not on trip to Dallas, suspended for national title game. Carrington, a redshirt freshman, has 37 catches for 704 yards and four touchdowns."

See: