College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously about 7/10 excited to go home and watch the replay of the game tonight. Because we don't have cable, I had to watch the game at a bar and, for various reasons, that kind of detracts from me being able to digest a lot of what is happening in the game.

http://www.sling.com/?mkwid=sHpDpCU6q%7Cpcrid%7C54078193457%7Cpkw%7Csling%20tv%7Cpmt%7Ce%7Cpdv%7Cm&cvosrc=ppc.google.sling%20tv&cvo_crid=54078193457&matchtype=e

Should work pretty well for you when it comes out.

Espn's way too early top 25 has OSU 2nd behind TCU, first SEC team is #8 Georgia lol. USA today has OSU 1 and Auburn 2...

Interesting quote from espns too early list: OSU's nonconference schedule isn't easy, with a season opener at Virginia Tech and home games against Hawaii and MAC foes Northern Illinois and Western Michigan."

I would venture to say this year's OOC schedule was harder than next years is going to be, yet Espn killed OSU over it this year...ironic!

Espn's way too early top 25 has OSU 2nd behind TCU, first SEC team is #8 Georgia lol. USA today has OSU 1 and Auburn 2...

Interesting quote from espns too early list: OSU's nonconference schedule isn't easy, with a season opener at Virginia Tech and home games against Hawaii and MAC foes Northern Illinois and Western Michigan."

I would venture to say this year's OOC schedule was harder than next years is going to be, yet Espn killed OSU over it this year...ironic!

It's more Mark Schlabach's way to early top 25 right? The same dbag that wrote that we are going to need a lot of luck to beat the ducks?

Toss up between Western Mich & Navy, NIU & Cincy. Hawaii and Kent St both suck but Hawaii would win that pillow fight. Plus at VT next year. I would say next year is harder, not by much but harder.

Also not sure how auburn can be two since they are basically losing every offense weapon they have.

Because Muschamp....

I don't get it either. Maybe they made another Cam Newton style deal we don't know about yet.

Hawaii hasn't been relevant since Colt Brenen back in 2007/08. Seems like a real tough schedule for you guys.

Wait, what? Bama's 2015 non conference schedule consists of the following (ratings in :lolguy:, higher numbers = worse teams on a scale of 1-5);

Middle Tennessee :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

ULM :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

Charleston Southern :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

Wisconsin :lolguy::lolguy:

I suppose Wisconsin DID beat Auburn this year, but seeing as how we beat them by damn near 60 points, I expect Bama HAS to hang like, 150 on them, right?

Props, though, on managing to avoid scheduling an FCS team this year. Way to step up the difficulty, Bama.

Wait, what? Bama's 2015 non conference schedule consists of the following (ratings in :lolguy:, higher numbers = worse teams on a scale of 1-5);

Middle Tennessee :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

ULM :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

Charleston Southern :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

Wisconsin :lolguy::lolguy:

I suppose Wisconsin DID beat Auburn this year, but seeing as how we beat them by damn near 60 points, I expect Bama HAS to hang like, 150 on them, right?

Props, though, on managing to avoid scheduling an FCS team this year. Way to step up the difficulty, Bama.

DJ - 1

Jive - 0

Alabama's OOC schedule: LOL

A dicks sporting goods ad? Everytime I click on the link, it starts to take me to a site, but instantly switches to a dicks sporting goods ad...

I searched Philly Brown twitter and found this though

corey brown @phillybrown10 · 7h 7 hours ago

Quack quack huh? Ya school been around for 100 yrs and have nothing to show for it but uniforms @Jonathanstewar1

I know preseason means nothing. Actually it means less than nothing, and I should be getting upset about it.

Tired of hearing TCU fans say 'ok play TCU now'. TCU should not be #3 in the final standings, TCU should not be #1 in preseason.

No teams should drop out of the top 4. Once you make the playoff you're basically playing for place 1-4. (I know, I know, FSU) but still.

As far as this past season is concerned. All the numbers played out PERFECTLY. Could not have been better. Please feel free to disagree with me.

Baylor - Didn't have a championship game, other teams got the edge. End of story. OSU beat WI 59-0 in the CG.

TCU - Lost to Baylor. End of story, should be ranked behind them. Everyone has bad days but still. If VT was ranked 4th and bumped us from the playoff Ii'd say...yup thats our bad.

Rest of the teams were 2 loss teams and had no stake in it.

Then the two teams that under the BCS rules would have been in the Title game (Bama and FSU) didn't make it. That game would have been a slaughter.

The #4 seed winning it all is crazy but there are no doubts, imo. The numbers all played out perfectly, when half way through the season everyone was screaming disaster.

I'm a little concerned how some articles use language like "Ohio state returned to prominence." They act like somehow we weren't relevant in the decade since we last won a title, which is just dumb, since Ohio State has been about the most winningest program in that time frame. Sure the Fickell year sucked, but it was surrounded by 10, 11, 12+ winning seasons. I guess the article writers need some slant, but come on - let's not act like a sleeping giant just awoke.

I don't care what any of these media guys say and especially what TCU guys say.

OSU wins the first National championship playoff title with its 3rd string quarter back by beating Alabama and Oregon by far the most heavily favored teams in the country. We are the best no matter what.

See you next year when 90% of our starters return.

Something to think about, TCU wasn't ranked in the preseason coaches poll this season. Having them ranked really high next year allows them to slip up at some point, but still climb their way back into the final 4, ala Ohio State, Alabama and Oregon. I honestly feel it's ESPN and the medias way of saying, sorry you were left out this year!

I'm not sure how many on defense they lose, nor am I sure how many offensive lineman they lose. However, they do return Boykin, their top running back and top 2 WR's. On paper they look to be loaded, so maybe they deserve to be preseason top 2?

TCU AP rankings by the week in 2014

Preseason- Week 5: Not Ranked

Week 6: 25

Week 7: 9th

Holy hell, they jumped 16 spots in 1 week lol. I didn't realize just how fast and high they jumped.

Looking at Preseason Rankings and how they compare to the final AP poll. Most of us believe the polls are meaningless preseason and should not even come out til half way through the season.

Preseason rankings on the left, final ranking on the right, +/- indicates how many places a team moved up or down between preseason and final rankings. + is obviously how many places they moved up, if team finished unranked I dropped them to #26 since it's a top 25 ranking. That's why a team like Oklahoma is a -22. One thing I notice here is some of their picks were pretty solid, others such as the SEC teams were highly over rated preseason (S. Carolina, Texas A&M, LSU, ect...)

1. FSU t#5 -4

2. Bama #4 -2

3. Oregon #2 +1

4. Oklahoma NR -22

5. Ohio State #1 +4

6. Auburn #22 -16

7. UCLA #10 -3

8. Michigan State t#5 +3

9. South Carolina NR -17

10. Baylor #7 +3

11. Stanford NR

12. Georgia #9 +3

13. LSU NR -13

14. Wisconsin #13 +1

15. USC #20 -5

16. Clemson #15 +1

17. ND NR -9

18. Ole Miss #17 +1

19. Arizona State #12 +7

20. Kansas State #18 +2

21. Texas A&M NR -5

22. Nebraska NR -4

23. N. Carolina NR -3

24. Missouri #14 +10

25. Washington NR -1

Some teams that finished in the top 25 but weren't in the preseason polls include: Boise State, Utah, Marshall, Memphis and Louisville and of course TCU (+23)

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing