College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome^

The fact we played three highly ranked teams all in a row, and won each game convincingly, is all the more incredible. It's not like we beat a soft big ten team for the championship and then got lucky in the nc. The playoff system makes the national championship even more special if you ask me.

Awesome^

The fact we played three highly ranked teams all in a row, and won each game convincingly, is all the more incredible. It's not like we beat a soft big ten team for the championship and then got lucky in the nc. The playoff system makes the national championship even more special if you ask me.

Yup, with the last NC, you always had that contingency of naysayers that whined about the pass interference call and said we got lucky against Miami (when, really, we just beat them straight up). It detracted from just how quality of a win that was.

Now, it's even more gratifying to know that there are no such "excuses" built in to this championship. Like I said, the winner of this thing was going to be seen as a mega-champion of sorts by virtue of having to win essentially two BCS games/title games. That we did, and we did in such a convincing fashion, speaks volumes.

Welp, just paid 8 bucks for a copy of the dispatch on ebay because i didnt even bother looking yesterday. Apparently stores cant sell it to you the day after (UDF had a huge stack but refused to sell one to me.) Going to make a nice framed picture to put in the cave.

Yup, with the last NC, you always had that contingency of naysayers that whined about the pass interference call and said we got lucky against Miami (when, really, we just beat them straight up). It detracted from just how quality of a win that was.

Now, it's even more gratifying to know that there are no such "excuses" built in to this championship. Like I said, the winner of this thing was going to be seen as a mega-champion of sorts by virtue of having to win essentially two BCS games/title games. That we did, and we did in such a convincing fashion, speaks volumes.

Nobody can take away the legitimacy in which Ohio State won this years NC( it pains me to say that :lol: )

The beat down their last three opponents.

I will say Ohio and bama were pretty evenly matched in a best of 10 series I think they split it. I'm proud we only lost by 7 to the Buckeyes :)

Welp, just paid 8 bucks for a copy of the dispatch on ebay because i didnt even bother looking yesterday. Apparently stores cant sell it to you the day after (UDF had a huge stack but refused to sell one to me.) Going to make a nice framed picture to put in the cave.

I fucking did too and still haven't gotten it. Pisses me off- I did it Sunday.

Nobody can take away the legitimacy in which Ohio State won this years NC( it pains me to say that :lol: )

The beat down their last three opponents.

I will say Ohio and bama were pretty evenly matched in a best of 10 series I think they split it. I'm proud we only lost by 7 to the Buckeyes :)

My dad called me about 40 minutes before kickoff of the Oregon game. He was nervous about the game, thinking we were about to get run, etc. Like I told him, Alabama was substantially better than Oregon and that they were the tougher out. Alabama's lines actually did really good against ours, and I didn't think Oregon's would do nearly as well. Also, Alabama is one of the few teams that, athletically, can match up with Ohio State. Oregon, while skilled at some positions (Mariotta, for one), just doesn't have the athletic depth across all positions. I honestly think the Bama game was the real title game, just like Seattle beating San Fran a year ago was the real Super Bowl.

I'm quoting this for so many reasons that I can't even list them all here.

I'm a lover of the game of football first before any team. I take just as much joy watching two shit teams play as watching my team play.

The Buckeyes got hot at the right time. Kinda like the 2011? giants team that won the super bowl. The Buckeyes didn't look really good til the end and then lit everyone up. My team lost, yup, but atleast they hung in their and had a chance against them. Whisky and Oregon had no chance.

I'm the dude at the bar that would be giving high fives to you buckeye fans after the bama game and taking a lot of shit for liking bama, not the sore loser bama fan that his life is over and slumped over a beer.

Props, though, on managing to avoid scheduling an FCS team this year. Way to step up the difficulty, Bama.

Nah, Charleston Southern is an FCS school. They still failed. And, like clockwork, they play Charleston Southern right before the Iron Bowl effectively acting as an extra bye week. Something the SEC has been doing for years.

I'm a lover of the game of football first before any team. I take just as much joy watching two shit teams play as watching my team play.

The Buckeyes got hot at the right time. Kinda like the 2011? giants team that won the super bowl. The Buckeyes didn't look really good til the end and then lit everyone up. My team lost, yup, but atleast they hung in their and had a chance against them. Whisky and Oregon had no chance.

I'm the dude at the bar that would be giving high fives to you buckeye fans after the bama game and taking a lot of shit for liking bama, not the sore loser bama fan that his life is over and slumped over a beer.

Definitely have not been a sore loser.

This thread is better because Jive is in it, for multiple reasons.

So when are you going to Jump on tOSU bandwagon?

Eleven Warriors has an article up today, in it they look ahead to next years schedule. One of the interesting things they mention, that I didn't really think about is, OSU will have a 5 week playoff next year in order to repeat.

Michigan State

Michigan

Conference Championship game

Semi Final

Championship game

"The same things can be said the 2016 schedule, idle speculation as it is.

But here's a post-championship bone on which you can chew: Ohio State could win all its 2015 and 2016 games, and that's not ludicrous to say.

After all, only sanctions from a bygone era and a missed block on a 4th-and-1 in the 2013 B1G title game kept Ohio State from playing for three national titles in three years."