College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Keels on the radio, that dude should be on tv

Keels did some Reds games a couple years ago and was great.

Keith Jackson had a great voice but that's about it. Musberger sucks, always felt bad for Herbie when they did games together.

I don't share the same sentiment as you apparently when it comes to Musberger, honestly I remember a point in time where people said he was "too pro OSU" because he went to a B10 school...

Holy Buckeye does make sense, it was a prayer of a play call and sounded much better than Holy Shit lol.

Jack Arute reminds me of my childhood watching OSU games, so maybe that's why I like him. I can't honestly remember him saying anything bad about Ohio State

I never had a problem with Musburger. I have some great OSU calls of his in my head. Holy Buckeye, Pittman's run to seal the win vs. ND in the Fiesta bowl, multiple plays from the #1 vs. #2 game vs. Michigan, etc., etc. Only game I remember Keith Jackson doing for OSU was the national title game vs. Miami and he was much more likable than Fouts in that one for obvious reasons. I hate Chris Fowler and think it's sad that he's part of the lead announcing team for ESPN now.

Some recruiting news... 4* RB Mike Weber out of Michigan who Harbaugh is trying very hard to flip back to Michigan will be in Columbus this weekend along with a lot of recruits (some on official visits, some on unofficial, all will get to enjoy the national title celebration in the Shoe tomorrow). Also told a Detroit reporter that he will most likely not be taking a visit to Michigan. So it sounds like he's very solid which is good. Could see some playing time this year with Dunn and Ball being mostly forgotten at this point. Zeke shouldn't have to carry the ball more than 25 times in any game this season.

Dude, these Buckeyes are pretty fucking lovable right now...

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/ohio-state-heisman-troll-marcus-mariota-amari-cooper-melvin-gordon-012215

The personality of this team has me in stitches.

I think they got in a little trouble for that...

Darron Lee tweeted this about 5 minutes ago...

Darron Lee ‏@DLeeMG8 5m5 minutes ago

I'm gunna check back in with y'all in a couple months...chao

Tyvis retweeted it... :lolguy:

Edit: And now Tyvis' temporary farewell tweet...

Tyvis Powell ‏@1Tyvis 3m3 minutes ago

I guess I'll talk to yall after spring ball, BACK TO THE GRIND!!!

Edited by bicranium

Dude, the amount of butt-hurt displayed by Art Briles is getting to be legendary..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12206583/art-briles-says-ohio-state-buckeyes-barely-edged-baylor-bears-college-football-playoff-vote-no-4-spot

I'm honestly starting to lose some respect for this guy.

So, I wonder if he will have a QB worth a damn next year. Hopefully not. It would be epic to see Gaylor go 6-6 next year. Probably why little old Artsie is such a baby about it.

Damn, I only got 2/3rds of the possible vote. What a squeaker.

And you guys have touched on the reasons I'm losing respect for him. If we had lost to Bama, then, yeah, I would understand the saltiness on his part. BUT WE DIDN'T. We won the NCG. I would think that that would do as far as the "do they deserve to be in" argument goes. Additionally, as you have all stated, THEY LOST TO A TEAM THAT DIDN'T EVEN PLAY FOR OUR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP. And one that ALSO got whipped by us, in their own crib, after being favored. I mean, does Artisimus Bitchimus believe that MSU was a better team than Bama, or Oregon? Well, interestingly, MSU's one other loss on the season was to that very same Oregon team.

I mean, believing that your team could have competed is one thing, and I can respect a coach taking up for his kids, but this is gripping a bit too tightly, I think. The coach of TCU has been nothing but class. Art could learn a thing or two from him.

I never understood him gunning for Ohio State's spot. I also never understood Alabama's #1 ranking. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but once again, Alabama should have been a 2 or 3 loss team. LSU beat themselves (lol Les) and they were a handful of plays away from losing to Arkansas and/or Mississippi State. Why weren't they the target of the "Who's In?" discussion? Oh right, SEC. We were all obviously 1-loss teams, but at least we had far less questionable games (Penn State being the only one). Now that we've won the title, an argument for Alabama's spot or FSU's spot would have been a HELL of a lot more respectable.

OSU was 3 votes away from being out of the playoff...Baylor was apparently 4 votes away from being in. I think they will be solid next year, not sure who all they are losing at the moment. I attribute them being solid to the fact that the B12 is worse than the B10 as far as over all league goes. That league plays absolutely no defense outside of Oklahoma and hell they didn't really play much of that this year either. TCU will win the B12 next year and will beat Baylor