College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

The head of the CFP playoff committee came out and said what Briles said about the 8-4 vote isn't even possible because they never vote on teams in groups of less than 3. Briles is an idiot who needs to just shut up. Even some of their own fans are cringing over his comments now.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another scholarship opens up for OSU... LB Trey Johnson's (played as a true freshman but hasn't since) career is over. Bad arthritis in his knee partially due to playing on a torn meniscus as a senior in HS. Had surgery to fix that after his senior season, has had it cleaned out twice since he's been at OSU but the doctors said if he keeps playing it will probably get to the point where he'd have trouble walking well by the time he's 30.

So both of the big-time LB's from that class (Mike Mitchell being the other) are now gone. Despite those losses, LB is one of OSU's best and deepest positions moving forward.

Another scholarship opens up for OSU... LB Trey Johnson's (played as a true freshman but hasn't since) career is over. Bad arthritis in his knee partially due to playing on a torn meniscus as a senior in HS. Had surgery to fix that after his senior season, has had it cleaned out twice since he's been at OSU but the doctors said if he keeps playing it will probably get to the point where he'd have trouble walking well by the time he's 30.

So both of the big-time LB's from that class (Mike Mitchell being the other) are now gone. Despite those losses, LB is one of OSU's best and deepest positions moving forward.

He made the right choice. I didn't and his docs are right. sucks.

Celebration was pretty cool. Fans were very reserved. Got two towels and 3 posters (posters were an accident, it was a mad rush for them.) first time ive been in the shoe since i was maybe 8. Man would i like to experience a game there on the 50.

So how many people showed up?

I believe they said 45 thousand. Basically the entire lower section was filled with the first few rows of the upper deck filled too. Security was lax as hell. I really wanted to take my super zoom but decided to leave it at home because they said no cameras with a lens greater than 100mm. Plenty of people had 200mm lenses so that kind of sucked.

This was taken about a half hour before it started and people were still pouring in.

Myers is the #1 OL and #3 player overall in the 2017 class. Granted those ratings will surely change over time. But still... OSU's class average for 2017 right now is 99.22. QB Danny Clark is actually the lowest rated player in that class right now at just above 98.

Myers is the #1 OL and #3 player overall in the 2017 class. Granted those ratings will surely change over time. But still... OSU's class average for 2017 right now is 99.22. QB Danny Clark is actually the lowest rated player in that class right now at just above 98.

Class is gonna be ridiculous! Already got the top 2 kids from Ohio and 2 of the top 3 out of Florida haha

Bama has the number 1 recruiting class for 2015 I case anyone was wondering. I expect big things out of them this year.

Who cares?

The feeling of college football has shifted in the last few weeks and no one wants to hear about Florida State, Alabama, Auburn or any other team in the SEC, specially the wildly overrated Mississippi teams.

Welcome to the new era, enjoy the ride. Sorry about your team.

Bama has the number 1 recruiting class for 2015 I case anyone was wondering. I expect big things out of them this year.

I do too. I expect them to get into the Final four, and lose to the Buckeyes. I hope that they beat every other team they play next year.

;)

Expect some more verbals in the next few days, especially a DT in the 2015 class

If the DT you're talking about is the kid from Pickerington then that's not happening until signing day (February 4th). Not sure why exactly but that's the word going around the recruiting boards.

4* WR KJ Hill sounds like a signing day announcement now. I was just thinking about him the other day and how Urban came to OSU and immediately stole Kyle Dodson from Bielema at Wisconsin. When I read about KJ Hill decommitting from Arkansas at first I saw he was a 4-star WR and figured that would be a fine addition. Then I saw he was FROM Arkansas and thought about how awesome it is that Urban is still trolling Bielema.

The big visitor for the weekend was 5* DL Terry Beckner Jr. from East St. Louis. There have been some tweets in the last hour or so about Mizzou's DL coach leaving for Illinois so that could create a little uncertainty for Terry with Mizzou which is good for OSU.

Class is gonna be ridiculous! Already got the top 2 kids from Ohio and 2 of the top 3 out of Florida haha

I hope Wade sticks. Having and keeping 2 Florida kids (Judson is solid IMO) for 2 years would be hard but huge for the class.

#1 class in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 as well... but still 0 CFP national titles. :gabe:

Edited by bicranium

So Bill Kurelic may very well have just messed with OSU's recruiting. Bucknuts is awful and will always do whatever they can to be "first" on a story and plenty of people knew about current Bama commit Isaiah Prince visiting OSU this weekend but they kept their mouths shut. Warinner asked them to and they did. Kurelic somehow got wind of it this morning and tweeted it out. There was maybe one staff member at Alabama who even knew about it and now Kurelic tweets it out to everyone. I really hope we see a day when Bucknuts loses their credentials with OSU.

So we're at this celebration and the guy who wears the shower curtain and cowboy hat is down on the field naturally, dude is carrying a replica doll of himself with him LOL

Was it you or someone on here who posted that he was walking around the Shoe on Saturday with a little doll of himself? Boy do I hate him.

Yeah, it was Josh.

Sounds like the Buck I Guy is a dick.

Yeah it was me, 2500 tickets for the field, gone in 20 seconds, yet he found a way to be down there. Not a single person around us had a nice thing to say about him either haha. I did clinicals in a nursing home 2 semesters ago, some of the patients had autographed pictures of him hanging in their rooms. He really feels like a celebrity, I wonder at what point osu tells networks to stop showing him.