Anyone have a side by side....UTV?

Putty

Think I decided to go this route instead of a quad. I've been looking at the Polaris Rzr's. I want the XP 1000, but Wayne can't handle 64" machines and I don't want to buy something and then locate places to take it. So I may end up with a Rzr 900, some sort of Can-am or a Artic Cat - wild cat.

I have a 2015 rzr 900 trail

That's the one I want. How do you like it? I like in new interior and doors of the '15 900. Any idea why they made the 2015 slower, less HP than the 2014 900? I'm finding some new 2014s out there with decent prices. The stealth black one.

Yeah I can chime in.

I have a '12 RZR 570. Its a cool machine. I was coming off a sport quad (LTZ400). I wanted something i could use for work around a future property (basically just a snow plow and moving trailers around). But I also wanted to be able to go out with the wife.

I went the polaris route because of the sportiness and the sheer sales volume means a lot of aftermarket.

Granted I know the 570 is the smallest motor but the machine is really capable. Still climbs anything I throw at it, and can get up to 58 mph on good open spaces (though its sketchy).

I wanted the 50" widtch because I wanted to be able to load it in my truck bed, and also didn't want to worry about not fitting on ATV trails. After you get into it all, turns out its a PITA to actually haul it in the truck bed. I have short bed truck so the rear tires would be on the tailgate...plenty of concerns with that. Of course there are tailgate supports ETC but it just wasn't worth it. Also makes the truck very top heavy. I ended up just getting a trailer for it.

I do generally like my RZR a lot. My biggest gripes have been build quality, design issues, durability, and warranty support. I spent a good part of time reading through the forums learning the common issues. Dumb shit like fuel lines rubbing on frame rails with no support. Rear hub bushings...with no zerk fittings (though all other bushings had zerks, had to drill and tap the hubs). Melted tail light lenses, which seem to be fairly common, had to buy LED bulbs to keep heat down. Some have melted beds, because of the high heat from the exhaust. Then you have the shitty designed Fan breaker which is on the under side of the cab and is not water proof. Resulting in a failed breaker and overheating. There are a lot of these little nuances that I 'think' i've taken care of. The 13's had a bad intake tube resulting in mud intrusion to the engine, polaris has been crappy about paying for the failures.

The stock tie rods, ball joints, tie rod ends, and bearings are crap. Stock tires are crap. The body panels don't line up, looks like a 2 yr old assembled it. The factory cage is junk, as I found out when I rolled it at like 5mph and a tree crunched it down to just above the top of my helmet. (have a much nicer aftermarket cage now).

Getting warranty work has been a nightmare. My primary clutch went out with 14 hrs on the machine. Those that know my know how meticulous and careful I am with things. First time to the dealer couldn't get it to replicate, then finally just went out on a ride and left me stranded. They were trying to blame it on me that I was abusive. Then changed their tone and saw it was a manufacturing defect. Then I had an axle problem the covered after complaining. I know a lot of this is your dealer and going to bat for you.

I've heard many of these SXS's have a similar story.

Coming from an ATV I miss the speed/acceleration (which if you got more power would be ok, like the 900 trail). But still you can't ride it the same. Its a different type of riding. I don't like that I spend 2-3 hrs cleaning it out everytime, where the ATV was just a quick wash. I have to scoop up about 7 gallons of muck from my driveway every time we go out (and I avoid mud holes usually). Seems like I have to spend $100-$200 on parts everytime I go out on repairs when I get home. Not repairs from wrecks...just stuff breaking. I miss just throwing the ATV in the truck bed and rolling out, its more of an ordeal to go out now. I do love having my wife with me. I also enjoy that I have a big kit/pack worth of stuff in the bed with tools, spare parts, water, oil, food, whatever you can take it with you. Long day rides are MUCH less tiring. One day in Black Mountain we covered 120 miles in a day.

I really do get a BIG smile on my face when I ride it. But everything has its advantages.

Best thing I ever did to my RZR were an aftermarket 1/2" umhw full skid plate and aftermarket coilovers with reservoir shocks. Night and day difference. Close 3rd is 8ply radial tires.

RZR aftermarket is addicting. I have about $4k in mine in all this stuff.

IF I could do it all again. I may look at the Can-am's. I haven't heard much on the John Deere's but they aren't very sporty. I'd probably end up with the 900 trail that just came out. Most places are loosening up on their width requirements, think you'll be alright.

Here is mine with the new cage, before adding the doors.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/ATV/DSCN0688.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/ATV/052513_7961.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all that information, Berto. I've been researching for a couple weeks and I think I am going to go Artic cat_wild cat trail. It's a 700 with 63HP. I can get a 2015 for cheaper than a 2014 Rzr 900. From what I found, they have all something you wish the other had. At first I had to have EPS, but lately been reading and watching videos that say it's nice but, not a must have. How do you like riding without it?

Where do you take yours to ride? Do you ride with a group of SxS?

Like you said, I heard it's a different kind of riding than what quad riding is. I hope to have it by the end of next month... Maybe we can get together in the Spring

I have a 2012 Artic Cat WildCat 1000 for sale - green color. 170 miles on the odometer, used it maybe once last year, aside from little start ups here in there.

Its very low use obviously from the mileage -

I did roll it once being turning and gassing to abruptly in a rutted field and caught and edge. Rolling at 5 mph is funny you cant do anything to stop it, all you can do is laugh. With that said it did spider crack the paint on the rear fender and cracked the door plastic, really irrevelant parts tbh.

Average retail prices for this are right at 11,000.

I am asking 9000 OBO, I have the title in hand. Need to get some pictures, as I was planning on listing in in the next week.

Looks just like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/4LAAAOSw1-RUaRGq/$_57.JPG

If you're interested let me know looking to move it quickly.

Not much to contribute here other than we rented a RZR 570 (just like the one above) for the day up at Manatee State Park in Michigan last fall. Rode for about 100 miles. Did everything we asked it to do.

But, then 2 days later we rented a RZR 1000 at the dunes. Different animal that thing is. I wouldn't have wanted the smaller one at the dunes. Not even suspension travel or hp.

Wish I had some place to ride/drive one of these on a regular basis I would own one of them.

Have fun.

Yeah I can chime in.

I have a '12 RZR 570. Its a cool machine.

:lolguy: :gay2:

Couldn't even imagine a grown man riding around in a rzr that small.

I have a 2012 Artic Cat WildCat 1000 for sale - green color. 170 miles on the odometer, used it maybe once last year, aside from little start ups here in there.

Its very low use obviously from the mileage -

I did roll it once being turning and gassing to abruptly in a rutted field and caught and edge. Rolling at 5 mph is funny you cant do anything to stop it, all you can do is laugh. With that said it did spider crack the paint on the rear fender and cracked the door plastic, really irrevelant parts tbh.

Average retail prices for this are right at 11,000.

I am asking 9000 OBO, I have the title in hand. Need to get some pictures, as I was planning on listing in in the next week.

Looks just like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/4LAAAOSw1-RUaRGq/$_57.JPG

If you're interested let me know looking to move it quickly.

Putty, if I were you i'd jump on this deal. These are great and they are normally priced 1000's above what he has it listed for. Wildcat's FTW. RZR's are nice as well but I prefer the look and design of Wildcats more.

Thanks for all that information, Berto. I've been researching for a couple weeks and I think I am going to go Artic cat_wild cat trail. It's a 700 with 63HP. I can get a 2015 for cheaper than a 2014 Rzr 900. From what I found, they have all something you wish the other had. At first I had to have EPS, but lately been reading and watching videos that say it's nice but, not a must have. How do you like riding without it?

Where do you take yours to ride? Do you ride with a group of SxS?

Like you said, I heard it's a different kind of riding than what quad riding is. I hope to have it by the end of next month... Maybe we can get together in the Spring

I went on a ride with Hoblick and Fowler l last year to WV. Awesome trails. I really like black mountain in Kentucky. Most places close by suck. Have to haul to go anywhere wowrthwhile. Get on the forum and meet some riding buddies, I try to avoid going out solo, never know when something is going to happen.

I don't really care for EPS. I just have to blip the throttle on the way down sometimes to keep the clutch engaged. A lot of people go as far as saying they don't like it. Wont' let you coast down a hill or if you get into a situation where you want those wheels to roll freely.

I was just talking to Hoblick about going out for a ride in March/April down to Rush offroad. Tag along.

Brandon's deal on the artic cat looks solid, plus he's a good dude so don't have to worry about getting scammed. I hear the artic cat has a pretty darn good stock suspension but lacks in other places. If it has what you need just buy it!

For reference....my 2004 Yamaha Rhino has been in the shop zero times. Find any Polaris owner that can say that.

Yamaha's have issues too. I really wish Yamaha or Honda could come out with a sport model.

Extra gas? :gabe:
Hey....we never ran out, got back jusssst fine.

If you want I can send you pictures, its the same size as the 800, with the same acceleration (new efficient transmission design). So you are talking with absolutely 0 knowledge on the subject. I wasn't really too keen spending 17k+ on a 900 at the time for as little use as it gets. And as stated I wanted the 50" model. It doesn't make a bit of difference when there are very seldom any situations where trails allow for going over 30 mph.

Of course the XP1200 is fantastic. But its a duner's machine. and MSRPs at over 22k last time I checked. I have other things to spend money on. If you want we can compare retirement accounts and see who's laughing.

Do you have an offroad machine?

Putty, if I were you i'd jump on this deal. These are great and they are normally priced 1000's above what he has it listed for. Wildcat's FTW. RZR's are nice as well but I prefer the look and design of Wildcats more.

It sounds like a great deal but it's 64", which limits my riding areas. I called Wayne and they are going to widen bridges over the next couple years to 62".

It sounds like a great deal but it's 64", which limits my riding areas. I called Wayne and they are going to widen bridges over the next couple years to 62".
Ahh that sucks. Yea i'd prolly stick with a RZR 900 or smaller if that's the case. The aftermarket on these are unreal.

If you want I can send you pictures, its the same size as the 800, with the same acceleration (new efficient transmission design). So you are talking with absolutely 0 knowledge on the subject. I wasn't really too keen spending 17k+ on a 900 at the time for as little use as it gets. And as stated I wanted the 50" model. It doesn't make a bit of difference when there are very seldom any situations where trails allow for going over 30 mph.

Of course the XP1200 is fantastic. But its a duner's machine. and MSRPs at over 22k last time I checked. I have other things to spend money on. If you want we can compare retirement accounts and see who's laughing.

Do you have an offroad machine?

Was talking about the engine size cutie pie. 570's are what we buy our children to play on. If that works for you then have at it.

:marc: