School me on CTS-V Mods - 2012 Model Year

TTQ B4U

Very likely will be picking up a new Daily Driver and it's likely going to be a 2012 or newer CTS-V

Can't go with it being stock for long but don't want to go overboard either as it's a daily.

Please school me on the best bang for the buck and what's needed.

Looking at minimums of

Smaller Pulley

Injectors to handle it

Tune of course

Intake - which one is best?

Headers - Meh...pricey but looking for insight on exhaust work that would be good to get.

Ballpark on pricing would be good too.

Thanks guys. Excited about spring this year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not leave it stock for a while? Mine has been stock, and the car will beat most cars out there stock. I guess I'm always with my kids when I have it so I don't really use the power with them in the car.

If you mod it, you will get most bang for the buck with an intake, pulley, heat exchanger, and long tubes. Don't bother with a catback. Don't bother with an intake alone. Don't bother with a tune alone.

Intakes don't really add power without a pulley. Catback will just make noise and might annoy you with drone. Longtubes will make power and a little more growl.

Get ready to buy new rear tires

I would never cam a daily driver but that's just me. Not worth the 30 hp in this particular car, and any more power over 650-ish (what you get with what I mentioned), and other driveline parts are at risk (trans).

You want your daily driver to start every time, never overheat, never strand you, and not annoy the shit out of you on your way in to work

Congratulations, I'm extremely jelly!

Join up at ctsvowners.com tons of good info, and used parts for sale (if you want to save a few bucks). I've never been, but it may be worth the drive down to Weapon X Motorsports in Cincinnati. They are big into the V2 game.

going from super slow fwd daily to a high hp rwd daily. Lol this should be interesting in the future. I suggest listening to what Kirk said above. Solid advice.

Meh....I've had fast cars before. CR is but a few years of my old life.

Meh....I've had fast cars before. CR is but a few years of my old life.

:lolguy: what previous cars have you owned that are on par with the bone stock 556hp newer CTS-V's let along modded ones that are in the 6xxhp range???? I congratulate you for wanting a newer CTS-V because they are badass but I really don't think you know what you're jumping Into. If I'm wrong please correct me on your previous car racer life outside of CR.

No hate towards you just curious of this previous life b4 CR that you speak of.

:lolguy: what previous cars have you owned that are on par with the bone stock 556hp newer CTS-V's let along modded ones that are in the 6xxhp range???? I congratulate you for wanting a newer CTS-V because they are badass but I really don't think you know what you're jumping Into. If I'm wrong please correct me on your previous car racer life outside of CR.

:lolguy: ^^ The horsepower police...Why do you care what cars he had had previously...

Do you know what he's jumping into? Please post your personal experiences. :dumb:

Put your penis back in your pants dude. Who said I had a car on-par with a CTS-V ? I've had my are of RWD cars with power is what I'm referring to.

Besides I grew up in the car business and drive anything I liked from my parents dealerships in Cleveland. Have had everything Grand Nationals to Tt300zs awd 3000GTs and others. Prior to CR the wife and I owned both MBZ and BMW'S too. Relax. Been behind the wheel a long time with no issues.

Why not leave it stock for a while? Mine has been stock, and the car will beat most cars out there stock. I guess I'm always with my kids when I have it so I don't really use the power with them in the car. [/Quote]

Thx. Likely will try but I'm sure the mod bug will kick in quickly. Kids in it on weekends and some evenings. Usually we take the minivan though. This is mainly for me.

mod it, you will get most bang for the buck with an intake, pulley, heat exchanger, and long tubes. Don't bother with a catback. Don't bother with an intake alone. Don't bother with a tune alone. Intakes don't really add power without a pulley. Catback will just make noise and might annoy you with drone. Longtubes will make power and a little more growl.

Good info

I would never cam a daily driver but that's just me. Not worth the 30 hp in this particular car, and any more power over 650-ish (what you get with what I mentioned), and other driveline parts are at risk (trans)

Agree. Some just above stock but reliable is what I'm after. Been there done crazy mods on cars that caused them to be less than reliable longer term.

Most moronic post I've ever read on the Internet.

TOO MUCH POWER I TELL YA TOO MUCH POWER FOR YA!!!!

On a serious note, IPS has done many projects involving the LS9. They have everything from pulleys, to headers, to cam packages for your car. Can't wait to see it!!!

Its an LSA motor...but yeah.

Congratulations, I'm extremely jelly!

Join up at ctsvowners.com tons of good info, and used parts for sale (if you want to save a few bucks). I've never been, but it may be worth the drive down to Weapon X Motorsports in Cincinnati. They are big into the V2 game.

Head on over there. The amount of info for modding is insane. A good starting is intake, upper pulley and a tune. Most that go the long tube setup also add a lower pulley to the mix. Once you get it being it out to a cara and coffee, we need more V's. BTW, the black diamond tricoat is the best looking color for the sedans.