Clean the snow off your car

Mojoe

The bane of my existence.....

I owed my manager an extra couple hours (left a few hours early last week) so I told him I'd come in early today.

Fucking great planning.

For those of you who don't clean off the top of your cars, I'm glad you feel your vanity is worth everyone else's safety. You're basically the Kardashians of the road, and I hope you get railroaded by as many large black dicks as they do. :dumb:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, I didn't realize you had that many cars. Time for a bigger stable. If it's the daily driver, paint care is going to take a hit with just common driving. I know your level of paint care and that makes it more of a priority than 99.99% of the people out there. I can't relate in that aspect. Hell, the paint on my daily is better than the paint on the car I protect the most.

Paul, I don't like that YOU got a ticket. However, I LOVE that they give out a ticket for this. Please tell us more about what the cop said to you and the amount of the fine.

Andy, I didn't realize you had that many cars. Time for a bigger stable. If it's the daily driver, paint care is going to take a hit with just common driving. I know your level of paint care and that makes it more of a priority than 99.99% of the people out there. I can't relate in that aspect. Hell, the paint on my daily is better than the paint on the car I protect the most.

Paul, I don't like that YOU got a ticket. However, I LOVE that they give out a ticket for this. Please tell us more about what the cop said to you and the amount of the fine.

IIRC you're the guy that visits VT, aren't you? I'm pretty sure all New England states have laws about cleaning all "loose" snow off cars, including roofs, to prevent dangerous road conditions.

I wish it was a law applied to all snowy weather states.

You guys that park outside need to buy a car cover if the paint damage bothers you to the point of causing harm to other drivers.

I use a $5 blue tarp to cover my front windshield. Works perfect if you tarp before it snows. Today I took it off and no snow and ice. My wiper blades were also dry. I only had to clean the back window. You could also tarp the back windows for quicker mornings. But always clean off your roof and hood with a brush or a broom. Otherwise you are an asshole.

I am. That's where I grew up. I just text my family and asked them about a law. They all said there isn't one.

I understand not all vehicles can be cleared off. I hate that semi's don't clear off the trailer. I completely understand why though. And big SUVs would suck too, like Chris said.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/FA78C57E-F9BA-4971-8BE7-A8D8E2035C9E_zps5ll1fsq6.jpg

I owed my manager an extra couple hours (left a few hours early last week) so I told him I'd come in early today.

Fucking great planning.

For those of you who don't clean off the top of your cars, I'm glad you feel your vanity is worth everyone else's safety. You're basically the Kardashians of the road, and I hope you get railroaded by as many large black dicks as they do. :dumb:

:lolguy:

You guys that park outside need to buy a car cover if the paint damage bothers you to the point of causing harm to other drivers.

I'm really not trying to be difficult here but unless the car is 100% spotless and clean installing a car cover, esp outdoors, is as bad or worse than brushing snow off of the paint.

Again, I realize I'm the asshole who adds to the snow comet mess. I'm not trying to make excuses for the people that do it and don't give a shit about their cars. I'm just trying to explain that there is a subset of people who have put a good bit of thought behind it and have a reason, other than being lazy, for doing this.

If it makes you feel any better I do brush the snow off of my Dodge Dakota but it's generally not the one in morning rush making a mess.

I can't understand semis. I understand this less than a person scraping their personal car off. First, it's vastly more dangerous when a 400 sq ft sheet of snow or ice flys off of the top of a semi than a relatively small amount of snow comes off of a car. Secondly, It's a business, pay someone to scrape the tops off or someone can make a 'machine' that they drive under as they are leaving the campus that does it. This ranks up there in annoyance and accountability with debris from construction/trash vehicles for me.

Until there is a machine to clean the trailer of, it's not happening. Workmans comp would have claims forever, for people falling off the trailers trying to clear them. I agree, there are a huge danger. I'm sure someone can find a vid of a semi trailer with 2 feet of snow on it hitting and over pass, and the snow bomb effect on the road after. I've seen it once or twice. It's actually impressive. But it's a huge mess.

Was it a blue Odyssey that did the comet to you? I'm in Cincinasty today and took my wife's van early this morning...Cleared off the front/rear/door windows, headlights, and drove off.

I must've looked like re-entering Earth's atmosphere getting onto 315. :lol:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2012/05/dragon_reentry_art.jpg

Again, I realize I'm the asshole who adds to the snow comet mess. I'm not trying to make excuses for the people that do it and don't give a shit about their cars. I'm just trying to explain that there is a subset of people who have put a good bit of thought behind it and have a reason, other than being lazy, for doing this.

That "subset of people" as you put it have not put enough thought behind their life choices. If you can afford a fleet of pristine 100% damage free vehicles AND can not afford shelter for ALL the vehicles something is wrong. And being lazy is not the reason here. Get your priorities in check ;)

That "subset of people" as you put it have not put enough thought behind their life choices. If you can afford a fleet of pristine 100% damage free vehicles AND can not afford shelter for ALL the vehicles something is wrong. And being lazy is not the reason here. Get your priorities in check ;)

Faulty logic. Skewed topic.

I can't put one other person in the same category as Andy. That's not the case for all the others out there. Andy didn't have to speak up and give reason, but he did give us his perspective. I'm not putting the blame on one person who explains their situation. I think we can all agree that most people are just negligent to other drivers for their convenience.

Until there is a machine to clean the trailer of, it's not happening. Workmans comp would have claims forever, for people falling off the trailers trying to clear them. I agree, there are a huge danger. I'm sure someone can find a vid of a semi trailer with 2 feet of snow on it hitting and over pass, and the snow bomb effect on the road after. I've seen it once or twice. It's actually impressive. But it's a huge mess.

If you're at all familiar with the 2-left turn lanes from Brice Rd N to 70W, you'll understand the terror I witnessed when a semi was making the left turn and someone going south on Brice was just a hair too far beyond the line. The entire length of the semi trailer's snowpile went sliding off right onto their hood. I was right behind and didn't see if there was any damage beyond the probable brown stain on the driver's seat, but that's the kind of shit that scares me.

I use a $5 blue tarp to cover my front windshield. Works perfect if you tarp before it snows. Today I took it off and no snow and ice. My wiper blades were also dry. I only had to clean the back window. You could also tarp the back windows for quicker mornings. But always clean off your roof and hood with a brush or a broom. Otherwise you are an asshole.

Some of us dont live in a trailer park so a blue tarp is not going to happen for most people.

Joe the cop claimed it was dangerous stating if it was a solid piece it could be a few hundred pounds and really do some damage to someone. If i recall was 150+ fee. Fml.:mad:

Some of us dont live in a trailer park so a blue tarp is not going to happen for most people.

Oh you live in an HOA? That sucks for you I am sorry. My poverty driveway in the hood allows me to use tarps. I can also park in my front yard if I ever feel the need.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/021/073/1254172884282.jpg