Clean the snow off your car

Mojoe

If you park outside, please take the time to clean the snow off your car before you get on the road. I always see people with a little port hole to look through, like they are driving a tank. Then, they pull out in front of you and create the snow comet of death for everyone around them. Edited by Mojoe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLd at the tank reference. I have a broom i use specifically for clearing snow. Beats the shit out of using a tiny little scraper/brush combo. Takes 30 seconds to do the whole car.

+1 have a soft bristled broom about 2.5 feet wide and it knocks snow off in seconds.

This morning at 5:40am when I went to the gym, I did the tank method.

Once I showered at home and left for work, I cleaned off both cars before I left. I hate the fucks that do the tank method on the freeway. The gym is 1.1 miles to my house, I have gym shorts on and there are VERY few people on the road (I passed one person on my way there).

Otherwise, 100% agree.

I'll be the antagonist here. I will clean the windows of my car completely however I will never ever clean snow off of the paint of my car. Too much risk of damage to the paint in the process.

Rude maybe, healthy paint is more important to me.

Asshole! :mad:

:p

I'll be the antagonist here. I will clean the windows of my car completely however I will never ever clean snow off of the paint of my car. Too much risk of damage to the paint in the process.

When I used to sell cars, these would clear a car off in about 1 minute...if that...

http://www.roofrake.com/Productpages/ProductImages/SnowBrum1.jpg

I agree with the paint comment.. I have been guilty of snow comets in the past too.. however, this big rubber bladed snow pusher thing looks like it might be a good investment.. where can I get one?

Someone who cares that much about paint, I would assume does not park outside at night.

I need to get something big to brush the cars off. We only have a 1+ car garage and it's got remnants of a project I need to clean up. So both cars are living outside right now. It takes a while to clean both of them off with the smallish brush I had in the CRZ this morning.

I probably took 30-45 minutes the first snow of the year shoveling my driveway and cleaning both cars off. Didn't have time to clean the driveway off this morning. :( I Hate having to clear it off after it's been driven on. It's such a PITA to clear off the driven on parts.

can't keep all 6 of them inside. The ones that sit out are protected to the hilt since they have to be subjected to the elements.

I understand both sides of this argument. I do feel like an asshole when I do it.

Something to consider. The majority of the damage you do to your car's paint is done via washing. The 2nd biggest culprit in this area is snow removal. You have dirty paint with an ice based solid particulate sitting on top of it. Moving the two of those across the paint without a layer of lubrication is certain to leave a mess behind.

Fuck that, I purposely don't clean off any of my windows. I thoroughly enjoy pretending to drive a white tank, especially considering how boring my car is otherwise. I don't pull out in front of people because I can't see, that's just who I am as a person.

I agree.

I'll remove snow and ice from all windows and lights.

The rest? Fuck it and fuck them.

Lolz I definitely drive the white comet. I clear all of my windows and as much as I can from the sides but I'm not going to stand on a tire to get the top of my SUV.

With my old dodge it would always keep a big chunk of ice stuck at the windshield cowl and if someone rode my ass on the highway I could turn on the wipers and send that piece of ice flying behind me toward them. Instant satisfaction.

I agree, Don't be a lazy POS, and remove the snow and ice from the vehicle, before you operate it. The people in, and around the town, are terrible enough drivers to begin with... Let alone, you mix in some snow/rain/cloudy skies - weather. You need to be able to see, and get the hell away from those lunatics!!