Your first car

Chief8one

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Chevy Silverado 2WD with Emerald Green Paint. I've never seen any others like it except the one pictured. Most didn't have the single tone paint with emerald green. Had a 5.7 Vortec and for being what it was would actually get up and run. Bought it from my dad for $800 with 276,000 miles. I have been trying to buy it back from who I sold it to for a year now.

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/12198856.jpg

1991 Geo Metro hatch. It looked exactly like this

http://cimg.carsforsale.com/202396/95230f5a-bf8d-4b6a-bf1a-890af1564848.jpg

I bought it for $1000 off the original owner in 1998. It was a POS but not many people at my high school had a car to drive. Barely anyone could say I bought a car and making monthly payments on it. It was a manual, I made enough money to afford gas, and upkeep. I drove myself and a few others to school. Many packs of camels and black and milds were smoked in the parking lot of my school. I gave zero fucks about all of it. Didn't even care that it felt like an underpowered go-kart with doors.

http://www.cars-directory.net/articles/toyota/cavalier/1985-1987-Chevrolet-Cavalier-wagon-photo.jpg

Cavalier wagon, bought it off of mom. She made me overpay of course and taught me not to buy a car on payments, learn the total price first. :lolguy:

Drove it till the bottom end scattered all over the road on my way home from work.

My first one was a 1972 datsun 240z. I got in lots of trouble street racing it. My

dad would be pretty pissed every time I burned out the clutch. Grew up in Mississippi. We had the 1/4 marked out on a country called money rd just out of town.

1984 Oldsmobile Omega. (This is was the closest I could find to what it looked like.) It was brown. My friends and I affectionately referred to it as "The Turd."

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Omega2.jpg

I feel like this thread should be accompanied by this song:

Not sure if it's possible, but mine actually looked a little worse than the one pictured. Mine was a lighter shade of brown, which made it an even uglier brown, if that makes any sense.

My parents tried to sell it in a yard sale. No one bought it. This was in Groveport. So, that pretty much tells you how ugly the car was.

They ended up donating the car to Goodwill or something.

1979 Chevy C10 longbed - 350 2 barrel, 3 spd auto. Was very clean and much cooler when I cut off the exhaust and put true duals with cherry bombs. One day in high school I decided to skip afternoon classes. I was parked on the street across from the school in front of many windows. For some reason it was acting up and repeatedly stalled. I could not keep it running. For 30 minutes I tried to make a slick getaway...

First car was supposed to be my moms 1991 Isuzu Stylus. I learned to drive in it but left home and moved to NY and decided the Isuzu wasn't a good fit for the mountain roads I had to drive so I got a 1990 Subaru Legacy.

It was fun learning to drive a 5spd station wagon up to the top of a mountain with steep grades and hairpin turns. I felt sooo bad for that car when I attempted the drive up from the bottom in 3rd gear at 15mph. It somehow made it up that first hill but the car smelled like burnt clutch for a week. Quick lesson learned! I miss my Subaru's every winter.