College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

Arkansas is def a dark horse, I am not that high on Auburn as they lost their starting qb and their best WR.

In OSU recruiting news, it looks like one time favorite to be the 2016 class qb Jarrett Guarantano will be committing to Rutgers, rather than OSU. Word is he was going to commit on signing day this year or right after, but once both Burrow and Gibson committed to OSU he "slowed his process down". Those in the know believe that when Urban came out and said that Gibson was going to be a qb here, that changed the mind of Guarantano. Add to the fact that his dad played for Rutgers and they are the hometown team. There is still time to flip him, but I honestly don't see him in this class.

With that said, I would rather have Dwayne Haskins as the 2016 qb. This kid grew up absolutely loving Ohio State and is a baller. Right now, Mayland is the team to beat for Haskins. Another name to keep an eye out for is Jawon Pass out of Georgia, long way to go til next years national signing day, be interesting to see how this class shapes out.

Video of Haskins as a kid in OSU's locker room

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't watched the whole thing, but the intro made me want to run through a wall, especially with you guys talking about USC.

Just finished watching this video. It was fantastic.

And I really liked the beginning to show just how far Ohio State has come and them going from a really good team (that got embarrassed by other really good teams) to a great team (that easily handled some very good teams).

Arkansas is def a dark horse, I am not that high on Auburn as they lost their starting qb and their best WR.

In OSU recruiting news, it looks like one time favorite to be the 2016 class qb Jarrett Guarantano will be committing to Rutgers, rather than OSU. Word is he was going to commit on signing day this year or right after, but once both Burrow and Gibson committed to OSU he "slowed his process down". Those in the know believe that when Urban came out and said that Gibson was going to be a qb here, that changed the mind of Guarantano. Add to the fact that his dad played for Rutgers and they are the hometown team. There is still time to flip him, but I honestly don't see him in this class.

With that said, I would rather have Dwayne Haskins as the 2016 qb. This kid grew up absolutely loving Ohio State and is a baller. Right now, Mayland is the team to beat for Haskins. Another name to keep an eye out for is Jawon Pass out of Georgia, long way to go til next years national signing day, be interesting to see how this class shapes out.

Video of Haskins as a kid in OSU's locker room

Right now I think OSU will end up just not taking a QB in this class. Don't really need one. When 2016 rolls around here's what the depth chart will probably look like...

JT Barrett - redshirt junior

Stephen Collier - redshirt sophomore

Joey Burrow - redshirt freshman

Torrance Gibson - redshirt freshman

Then 2017 you have the possibility of all those players returning and add Danny Clark. Don't really need more than 4 QB's on the roster.

Right now I think OSU will end up just not taking a QB in this class. Don't really need one. When 2016 rolls around here's what the depth chart will probably look like...

JT Barrett - redshirt junior

Stephen Collier - redshirt sophomore

Joey Burrow - redshirt freshman

Torrance Gibson - redshirt freshman

Then 2017 you have the possibility of all those players returning and add Danny Clark. Don't really need more than 4 QB's on the roster.

2016 isnt the issue, 2017 could be. You could have this in 2017

rJR Collier

rSO Burrow

Freshman Clark

Gibson at WR and Barrett gone to the NFL. Suddenly you only have 3qb's and hoping that no injuries occur like last season. I thought I remembered Urban stating when he got the job that they would take a qb every year just to keep the depth up. With that said, I feel the depth right now is scaring a lot of kids away from Ohio State.

Report out today on 11w that Braxton will be playing QB this year, didn't say he was starting so don't read it as that. Just said he will not be changing positions, gonna be a battle come fall camp.

Brax is getting bad advice...as far as making a living in the NFL...

Brax is getting bad advice...as far as making a living in the NFL...

or he could be ignoring the potential good advice he's getting.

I say more power to him, if he makes starter after fall (I don't think he will) he can still switch (probably won't) for the draft. If he doesn't win the job, he can switch (still probably won't) and play some snaps at WR or wherever during the season and he'll never have to wonder.

I love how every down-the-totem-pole OSU QB has eclipsed their highly-ranked predecessor, in the course of one season none the less.

Braxton who?

JT-wha?

I don't think Cardale ESLIPSED J.T. I mean, J.T. WAS a Heisman candidate. It's not like he fell off the face of the planet and nobody remembers all he did this season.

In a strange series of events, Danny Clark (2017 OSU Commit) transferred from Massillon to Akron Hoban according to his dad. Hoban just happens to have Todd Sibley at running back who OSU is after. Clark's dad actually moved the family to Massillon before his freshman year, so Danny could be the qb there...kind of strange that 2 years into it, they are done with that idea.

I read that the guy they got to transfer, from South-Southeastern Washington State University College Tech (or some shit), said that the coaches told him they were going to consider looking at Braxton if he (SSWSUCT QB guy) decided not to go to Oregon. Thus making Braxton their "second" choice. And I would have given Mila Kunis a call if my wife hadn't said yes when I proposed.

Braxton not being Oregon's first choice wouldn't surprise me. They have no idea when he'd be able to actually throw and work out in their system. He's at OSU right now and OSU doesn't really know. There are projections and people have ideas of when he'll be able to throw again but there's a chance it's truly never. Kid from Eastern Washington should slide into Oregon's system just fine. Pretty funny, the kid from Eastern Washington (I'm going to Google his name after I finish typing this but don't care enough to right now) was barred from team facilities the second it came out he was going to Oregon. Some people wanted to make a big deal out of it, Eastern Washington butthurt over losing their star player, but the real reason is that Eastern Washington opens next season @ Oregon. So from now until that game kicks off that's their focus. Trying to get a huge win vs. Oregon. Not as likely without their great QB but either way it would be similar to a player transferring from Virginia Tech to OSU and still being allowed to go to team meetings and everything as VT got ready for OSU.

Braxton shouldn't be anyone's first choice for QB, ever.

How can you talk about the the best qb OSU has ever had in their program like that? They would be nothing without him. They owe him the starting position.

How can you talk about the the best qb OSU has ever had in their program like that? They would be nothing without him. They owe him the starting position.

Positions are earned, not owed. He has to prove that his shoulder can stand up to even throwing a football before we talk about him being a starter.

Nice that the 2 true out of state commits so far for 2016 are from DMV and NJ (Gerald doesn't count to me since he's only going to Florida/IMG Academy for his senior year - been in Ohio his whole life other than that). Need to have some boots on the ground in those areas to stop these other kids from doing stupid shit like staying home and going to Maryland and Rutgers.