College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I called this a few years back LOL. I said he was an athlete playing QB!! I even said he was Hines Ward/Kordell Stewart pt.2 just far more athletic. Opens up a load of trick plays as well.

Now I am on board with the JT Barrett being the starting QB, although that battle is going to be awesome between he and Jones. I believe both will get plenty of action this year as OSU puts 50 up on everyone they play and sits the starters by the 4th in 9-10 out of 12 games

So I called this a few years back LOL. I said he was Hines Ward/Kordell Stewart pt.2 just far more athletic. Opens up a load of trick plays as well

Not sure how viable trick plays will be at least early on since the article says he's still 2 months away from being healthy enough QB-wise but either way he's a freak athlete and hopefully he can do more great things for OSU to close out his career. Either way, I was pretty relieved when I first heard about this just because it helps focus the QB competition.

I'd say when Bama beats OSU or beats a team that beats OSU in the same season...

I believe that was a year long bet, I am too lazy to go back through and search again though. 2 months from now puts us in October. I can see some late season trick plays being pulled out of the hat.

2 months from now puts us in October. I can see some late season trick plays being pulled out of the hat.

I definitely think we'll see them at some point. And even if we don't opposing DC's will be worried about it every game.

Christ Ohio State is loaded. This shit is bananas.

Loved that hype video. Ohio State looks so much better on defense than they did just a couple of years ago when they seemed slow and sloppy. Now they seem savage. Just nasty.

God I love being an Ohio State fan right now.

I'm worried about the VT game too. Lane Stadium under those conditions is no joke.

However, if we lose that game, of course everyone will just assume we will go on to win the playoff...

Where the hell have you been hiding? I am hoping tickets for the game in Va Tech drop because I wouldn't mind going to that game. The 2017 class on paper is shaping up to epic proportions, I am talking the USC dream class levels. Next few days will be very exciting with FNL's taking place this weekend, I expect a lot of commitments to occur.

I expect a lot of commitments to occur.

I don't think it will be too many since there are only about 5 spots left in the 2016 class but some names to keep an eye on over the next week or so...

4* TE Luke Farrell (OH)

4* DB Damar Hamlin (PA)

4* DB/LB Andrew Pryts (PA)

5* WR Trevon Grimes (FL)

4* DB Richard LeCounte (GA)

4* DB Isaiah Pryor (GA)

Not all of those guys are going to be in town but with spaces filling up I could see them calling the staff and locking up their spots.

Didn't list this kid since there isn't any reason to expect a commitment from him to anyone anytime soon but if he for some reason decided to commit to OSU this weekend while he's on campus (2nd visit to OSU this summer) it would be fantastic... 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (GA).

Jive you can change your sig when I get my $100.

Other random thoughts:

-Penn State kind of scares me. Their defense was pretty solid last year.

-Harbaugh is such a dick. I thought that when he was at Stanford. Anyone catch his interview with Cowherd?

-Cowherd left ESPN for Fox. Mandel (who wrote SEC crybabies article posted a few back) also at Fox. Look at Fox making moves.

Other random thoughts:

-Penn State kind of scares me. Their defense was pretty solid last year.

-Harbaugh is such a dick. I thought that when he was at Stanford. Anyone catch his interview with Cowherd?

-Cowherd left ESPN for Fox. Mandel (who wrote SEC crybabies article posted a few back) also at Fox. Look at Fox making moves.

PSU's defense was definitely solid. I think they were top 5 in the country statistically. They did lose some starters though and don't have AMAZING talent to step in right away because of the short period of time where the sanctions did affect them but their DC is great and I definitely expect them to be one of the top 3 defenses we face again this season (VT and MSU being ahead of them).

Harbaugh's interview with Cowherd was great... for OSU, MSU, etc. Michigan fans tried to play it off like Harbaugh was doing it intentionally because Cowherd was one of TONS of people who didn't think he'd go from the NFL back to college but in reality he's just awkward. Still think the rivalry between OSU/Michigan and Harbaugh/Urban could provide some fireworks.

Think it was talked about within the last couple years when we've discussed expansion but people fully expect Fox to make a big run at getting the best of the B1G's TV rights when that contract comes up in a couple years. So starting to really invest and collect on-air talent is something they need to and are doing.

The circlejerk? It's an honest question. Last year wasn't "supposed" to be our year, this year was our best odds all along according to the talent development pipeline, yet we still won and now we have an absurd level of experience and skill on the field at pretty much every position. Our team developed like craaaaaaaazy. This isn't a circlejerk. What other teams do you think are up there this year? A lot of other powerhouses lost talent, we didn't.