College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch (because you have to) vs Understanding. Big difference.

I'm probably one of the biggest sports junkies there is. I also grew up playing football and baseball and I'm an avid golfer. Yeah I dance as well. Problem?

From your own source...

Notable: Expect the Buckeyes to jump up this board with each recruiting cycle under Urban Meyer. That means more first-round picks.

Much like a Republican, you ignore all the information about possible future impact and just remember how it used to be...

Nick saban has produced almost double the draft picks compared to Urban in roughly the same span of time. Let's not forget Saban left college football for two years to go to the NFL otherwise I'm sure his draft tally would be even higher.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/which-college-coaches-have-produced-most-nfl-draft-picks

I'm probably one of the biggest sports junkies there is. I also grew up playing football and baseball and I'm an avid golfer. Yeah I dance as well. Problem?

Why do you end everything with "Problem?" That's a sign of insecurity. If your happy, just leave it at that.

Oh, and in case you forgot

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/GN1295/alabama-liveblog-photo_zpsqdav0mo5.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/GN1295/16688520-standard_zpsq45fmdyz.jpg

Nick saban has produced almost double the draft picks compared to Urban in roughly the same span of time. Let's not forget Saban left college football for two years to go to the NFL otherwise I'm sure his draft tally would be even higher.

Saban has spent 18 seasons coaching P5 programs.

Urban has spent 9 seasons coaching P5 programs.

Yes I'm a dancer. I own a dance studio. I have employees. I have an accountant and lawyer on retainer. I didn't need college to further my career. I make damn good money doing what I do and I get to travel a lot and get paid to do it. I also get to spend however much time with my family as I want as I am not a slave to some corporation and just a Schmuck going into the office who is burden by college debt and student loans. Problem?

Laughs uncontrollably.

Tries to catch breath after laughing for a minute straight

More uncontrolled laughing, spitting out my water, can't catch my breath I'm laughing so hard.

Here I figured you went to Alabama.

Much like the worthless democrats and liberals of our society when presented facts about how stupid their ideas actually are, they just cry and say Bush. Well you OSU people are much like them and scream inbred or some stupid southern joke. Get some new material or atleast post something relevant to the conversation.

Fact is attending Bama is a much easier way to transition to the NFL and most likely will net you a higher draft pick. He'll attending most any SEC school will get you into the NFL vs BIG 10 school.

Yes I'm a dancer. I own a dance studio. I have employees. I have an accountant and lawyer on retainer. I didn't need college to further my career. I make damn good money doing what I do and I get to travel a lot and get paid to do it. I also get to spend however much time with my family as I want as I am not a slave to some corporation and just a Schmuck going into the office who is burden by college debt and student loans. Problem?

Is this you? Because I'm pretty fucking sure it is.

medium_alabamafan01.jpg

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but is anyone else a little angry that the coaches poll has 7 SEC teams in it and only 3 B1G teams? I know the coaches poll means pretty much nothing, but still.

There's actually 8. But yeah, the polls are pretty annoying. South Carolina's over-ranking by itself last season led to some of the worst rankings I've ever seen. It was absolutely hilarious how ESPN conned everyone into thinking Ole Miss and Mississippi State were all of a sudden programs on par with Alabama and LSU. Some of the top teams in the SEC were a little down last year and some of the bottom teams were a little up but ESPN and bad pre-season polls tricked everyone into thinking Ole Miss and Mississippi State were top 5 teams at one point in the season.

Unfortunately the polls are setting up to do more of the same with 5-loss Auburn in the top 10, 5-loss LSU in the top 15 and 6-loss teams Arkansas and Tennessee in the top 25. And what 2 teams are sitting just outside of the top 25 in the others receiving votes section? Mississippi State who lost basically their whole team to graduation and Texas A&M who lost 5 games last season. So when one of the other SEC teams slips up they have reinforcements ready to take their spots.

Luckily OSU just has to take care of their own business and they're in.

Remind me again why I need a college degree in my professional? Oh that's right I don't.

I lol'd.

Damn auto correct.

And Bama produces more NFL players and high draft picks then anyone with the exception of USC.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

tOSU has had 3 number one picks before 'Bama's most recent...in 1948.

Same number of first round picks last 10 drafts.

Ultimate wrong.

If you're gonna try and troll, get better. :)

This thread has gone from informational to hilarious in a very profession manner.

That's the price for talking shit in enemy territory. Last year the cost of losing to osu was urban Meyer in his sig.

This year, the price of talking shit should the bucks beat bama, should be a full choreographed buckeye dance by tutu boy himself.

Jive participates in the Running of the Gumps http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width960/img/alphotos/photo/2015/08/09/-6d33b61a083d3796.JPG

Grown men racing to get the autographs of teens

A few random thoughts as the season approaches:

1. The Penn State game to me last year was the key to the whole season. Most people think it was the Michigan State game but, to me, I think the Penn State game was far more instrumental to the team's chemistry and success (though the Michigan State game was likely more instrumental to increasing Ohio State's value to the media and public at large).

2. Joey Bosa's game winning sack of Hackenburg in the Penn State game was epic. I have said that before, and I'll say this again: I don't think it has received nearly enough kudos. That's a Heisman moment. Maybe if he gets on a roll this year with Heisman talk they will replay it. They should.

3. Both Alabama and Oregon should be glad the scores didn't get out of hand in their games. Both of those games could have easily being Wisconsin-esque.

4. I'd like to see the stats on how many teams have 4 turnovers in a game (or are -3 in turnover margin) and still win the game, let alone by 22 points. Because that's what happened in the Oregon game.

5. Darron Lee allows Ohio State to do so many things defensively. He's fast enough to cover in space but big enough to play the run. He's a key for me on the defensive side of the ball.

6. The defense looked really fast and aggressive in the playoff, and especially against Alabama. I loved how it looked like every guy to the tackle was just blowing the person up. I have to hand it to Fickel, Meyer, and the rest of the staff: they really turned around a terrible looking defense. I can remember just a few years ago talking about how Ohio State looked slow and clumsy on defense. Not anymore.

7. I still hate those fucking Tron aluminum teflon alternate uniforms. Just dumb. Stop it.

8. Insert contemplative raptor meme here: If Ohio State loses to Virginia Tech in the first game this year, does it really matter? Seriously.

9. Jive you still owe me $100. Pick a game that we can go double or nothing on.

10. Zach, I promise to call you an idiot only twice this year. Please don't me make me use those up early on.

11. I hope Braxton's brittleness doesn't carry over into his work as an H-back.

2. Joey Bosa's game winning sack of Hackenburg in the Penn State game was epic. I have said that before, and I'll say this again: I don't think it has received nearly enough kudos. That's a Heisman moment. Maybe if he gets on a roll this year with Heisman talk they will replay it. They should.

Joey Bosa use smaller man as battering ram to sack quarterback.

Jive doesn't have to worry about OSU beating Bama, Ba is finishing no better than 3rd in the SEC this year!! Rumor is OSU wearing black uniform against Penn State is really gaining steam, well see it it happens or not. Watching Braxton at WR excites me, kids such an athlete

I agree about the PSU game being huge last year and about Bosa. Sadly the Heisman is a QB award and will never go to another defensive player. Hell you're lucky if a running back wins it.