College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The University of Maryland. got my hat and shirt and homecoming tickets to the game at the shoe. Long live the Terrapins!!

You've gotta root for somebody. Being Bama is "rebuilding", not sure what that means being I'm a OSU fan.

PLLLLEASE let the Bosa brothers play together!

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening sadly. Joey was a top 5 pick in this years draft had he been eligible. He will be top 3 in the 2016 draft.

OSU picked up their next kicker in the 2017 class over the weekend as well.

The 2017 class which I have raved about, just got stronger. Isiah Pryor from Georgia, the #2 safety in the country and #38 overall player just committed. He also went on record saying he will not be taking any more visits and his recruitment is over with. Right now OSU has 3 DB's in the 2017 class, all 3 are in the top 10 of their position. Kid is 6'2 190 as a Jr in highschool, it will be interesting to see if he stays that size or if he grows bigger and ends up an outside linebacker ala Darron Lee type

it will be interesting to see if he stays that size or if he grows bigger and ends up an outside linebacker ala Darron Lee type

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people lately talking about Pryor ending up in that "walk-out" LB role that Lee plays.

LeCounte is basically in and then Lamont Wade from PA will likely end up picking OSU so that would be 5 DB's in the 2017 class if Pryor doesn't move to LB.

And then there's the pipe dream of grabbing Darnay Holmes from CA who is listed as a 5* ATH but he was an absolute monster at FNL working out at CB.

Strong possibility that we lose Shaun Wade though since he's a Trinity Christian kid but maybe with OSU having such a monster class building around him he won't want to mess around and will just stick with OSU all the way.

With Pryor's commitment OSU now has a better 2017 class than these teams' current 2016 classes...

Stanford, Florida, Clemson, UCLA, TCU, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Auburn, Baylor and Texas A&M.

Pretty cool thing from Rivals of Pryor calling Urban to give him the good news...

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1786438

No subscription needed.

I think the kid was nervous at first with the "yes sir" answers to basically everything so it was a little awkward but was still a cool little inside look.

Pretty cool thing from Rivals of Pryor calling Urban to give him the good news...

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1786438

No subscription needed.

I think the kid was nervous at first with the "yes sir" answers to basically everything so it was a little awkward but was still a cool little inside look.

Damn, kid! Don't sound so down about it! Hahaha that's pretty cool.

There is a rumor thread on 11W. They dont give exact names, but rather initials. Birm confirmed that 11w knows of the rumor but has no confirmation whatsoever.

I'm on mobile, so sorry for not giving the link. But it's Wilson, Marshall, Corey Smith, and Bosa busted for weed. Apparently first offense is a kind of sweep it under the rug and do extra drills/duties or whatever, but multiple offenses gets you suspended. Again, no substantiated evidence, just rumors.

I'm on mobile, so sorry for not giving the link. But it's Wilson, Marshall, Corey Smith, and Bosa busted for weed. Apparently first offense is a kind of sweep it under the rug and do extra drills/duties or whatever, but multiple offenses gets you suspended. Again, no substantiated evidence, just rumors.

Issue is that the Athletic Dept policy is 3 week suspension for 2nd offense, so it could be that they WERE busted, but that it was their first offense. Others seem to be saying that this is the info they are getting.

Argh...c'mon, man. For a whole bunch of reasons, I hope this is unsubstantiated.

Typically these rumors have some truth to them. Most likely as the rumor sits, there are probably fewer players than named involved, for probably a more minor infraction than mentioned, for less time than mentioned.

Typically these rumors have some truth to them. Most likely as the rumor sits, there are probably fewer players than named involved, for probably a more minor infraction than mentioned, for less time than mentioned.

The rumor was 5-6 guys a month or so ago, came down to the 4 everyone's mentioning about a week ago. With it becoming more widespread it could just force OSU/Urban's hand to address it sooner than they would have liked.

The rumor was 5-6 guys a month or so ago, came down to the 4 everyone's mentioning about a week ago. With it becoming more widespread it could just force OSU/Urban's hand to address it sooner than they would have liked.

Birm says they know the rumor and none of their folks have confirmed but they havent nuked the thread. Like I said it seems credible that guys are in trouble but who and what punishment is all speculation it seems