College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

Also, Joey Bosa was detained last night but not charged with anything. Not sure the whole situation, but it sounds like he needs to keep his head down and focus on whats ahead of him.

needs to keep his butt in the dorm room past 10 pm.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck I can't wait till the 7th. Having a pretty good size party for it and OSU is 1-4 when I have a party:

The most recent loss to Wisconsin- L

Vs. MSU in 2013- L

Vs. Clemson-L

Vs. VT last year- L

Vs. Alabama- W

1-4? Can you not plz.

/s

That song plus a complete focus on actual returning players = great video.

So many 2015 hype videos have highlights from guys who graduated and it's like... when you have guys like the ones in the video I just posted returning why on earth are you doing that?

That song plus a complete focus on actual returning players = great video.

So many 2015 hype videos have highlights from guys who graduated and it's like... when you have guys like the ones in the video I just posted returning why on earth are you doing that?

Buddy sent this to me earlier. One of the best I have seen.

Latest official camp video...

Been noticing a lot of Terry McLaurin (#83) in these videos. Definitely need some WR's to step up with Spencer and D. Smith graduated then Wilson, Marshall and C. Smith suspended for VT.

Right now you've got Michael Thomas just way above everyone else in terms of being the #1 WR. After that you've got a cluster of guys including Jalin Marshall, Corey Smith, Noah Brown and Dontre Wilson with 3 of those 4 being suspended. The next group is just a bunch of unknowns with Terry McLaurin, Johnnie Dixon, KJ Hill, Torrance Gibson, James Clark and Parris Cambpell. Then you've got Braxton Miller and Curtis Samuel who I see more as running threats than receiving threats right now. Wilson and Marshall have shown more receiving ability than Samuel and Miller obviously has never shown anything but running and passing on the field.

Also, tonight's BTN Live will have stuff from when DiNardo and Revsine were in Columbus for practice yesterday.

Noah Brown supposed to be the real deal

Well so much for that.. "Ohio State sophomore wide receiver Noah Brown suffered a serious leg injury, believed to be a fracture, during Wednesday's practice, a source told Eleven Warriors."

WR is suddenly a real concern for week 1 for me. That is now 4 WR's no longer available for that game and no one knows the condition of Gibson, so possibly 5. Outside of Mike Thomas, it's thin pickings at this point experience wise. Time for a younger guy to step up and make a name for himself

WR's available for Va Tech:

Mike Thomas

James Clark (rSO) has been bit by injuries whole time here, not sure if he's even healthy right now honestly

Johnnie Dixon (rFR) no experience

KJ Hill (FR)

Paris Cambell (rFR)

Terry McLaurin (rFR)

Alex Stump (FR)

Jeff Greene (SR) transferred from GA Tech, hasn't done shit since. Dude is large though

Gibson (FR) Injured currently, not sure how bad injury is. Not to mention he's a qb learning to play WR

Not to sound like a "the sky is falling type", but the closer the game vs Va Tech gets the more nervous I get. Replacing 3 starters on the D Line now (Bosa Suspended) plus super thin at WR. Hopefully the "next man up" is a stud.

Watching Scarlet & Gray Days right now and they are talking about moving Josh Perry up from LB to DE. I remember they did similar things with Bobby Carpenter his senior year.

I don't think Perry is going to end up playing any DE. Jalyn Holmes and Sam Hubbard have been playing extremely well in Bosa's place with the 1st team. Tyquan Lewis has had the spot vacated by Steve Miller locked down since spring. Schutt apparently playing at a high level (has to, not much time left) and then Adolphus is a returning starter. I'm not worried about the DL even without Bosa which is insane.

WR has worried me since the suspensions were announced. Thomas is the leading returning receiver and then 2, 3 and 4 are all suspended. Now you lose a guy who saw meaningful playing time as a true freshman (mostly for his great blocking) and had been tearing it up this off-season, considered one of the top 5 playmakers on the team by Urban.

I think Clark is healthy but I don't know if he's that good. Have seen his number a bit in the various videos (#82). McLaurin (#83) I've seen a lot of in the various camp videos making nice grabs. Have seen Dixon (#5, he redshirted due to tendinitis surgeries on both of his knees last season), Hill (#14) and Campbell (#21) making plays in the videos too.

I don't expect anything out of Stump or Greene.

Gibson and Miller are X factors. Can either of them be ready in time to contribute vs. VT? The other guys like Cambpell, Dixon, McLaurin and Clark already have some time at OSU working with the team as WR's as well as playing the position in HS. Miller and Gibson are extraordinary athletes but both have pretty limited experience at WR. I liked what I saw out of Gibson early in the camp videos before he got dinged up and there were lots of great reports but it's going to be very different against VT's stout defense.

Something else that worries me more than the DL is RB. Zeke is going to get a ton of touches if the OL can open things up vs. VT's front 7 but if the WR's aren't working it's going to be a LOT of work for the RB and the guy who was poised to be Zeke's backup, true freshman Mike Weber, is out with the torn meniscus. That leaves maybe Curtis Samuel who is flipping all over the place between RB, H-back and WR this off-season and then Bri'onte Dunn who has had serious ball security issues.

I'm a big worrier overall when it comes to OSU games so this is probably a lot but... there it is.

All the issues at WR essentially allows VT to sell out against the run and make Ohio State beat them in the air, which, I think, is the only way you really beat Ohio State this year (if they play like they did at the end of last year). That it's the first game, in a hostile environment, and there is a ton of pressure for lots of reasons on the team already - this could be a recipe for defeat for Ohio State. I wouldn't be shocked if we lose. Ohio State isn't as good as what it could be (or probably was at the end of last year when peaking) and VT isn't as bad as what people think.

Add me to the list of Nervous Nancy's.

Honestly, the team really isn't in any different place this morning than it was yesterday when it comes to WR in terms of receiving threat. Brown was used at H back and WR last year as a blocker. In terms of experience out there running routes, making plays on the ball, beating defenders, OSU is in the exact same spot they were at 8am 8/25/2015

Add me to the list of Nervous Nancy's.

+1, It's Blacksburg in primetime. I was a little nervous before suspensions and WR issues. I think VT is better this year than last year.

They also have one of the best entrances in football too.

This is where Urban will need to shine as a coach. Time to pull out some trick plays, break tendancy, and force VT to play on their heels.

I bet you will see a few formations with Braxton, 12-gauge, and JT all on the field at the same time. They will need to take some pressure of the O-line and Easy-E so VT can't load the box up to much.

I have a feeling this game is going to be a wild ride, IF OSU can walk out with a win that will tell the tale for this year. OSU goes in their and lays an egg, the media will shit on them and make sure they don't make the playoffs.

Count me out as nervous. You put Jones, Miller, Zeke, and Thomas out on the field and there isn't a team in the ACC I'd be afraid to play.

Yes, Jones. Ya know, the baby-faced giant who shows no quarter (even to hospitalized children) won 3 championship games in a row, has a howitzer where his arm should be, flattens 300 pound nose guards when he scrambles, and would likely be JUUUUUUUST fine behind a more limited receiver core having excelled at the 1,2 run type look.

We only have Thomas, Miller, and Vannett? My god we are in TROUBLE.

Count me out as nervous. You put Jones, Miller, Zeke, and Thomas out on the field and there isn't a team in the ACC I'd be afraid to play.

Yes, Jones. Ya know, the baby-faced giant who shows no quarter (even to hospitalized children) won 3 championship games in a row, has a howitzer where his arm should be, flattens 300 pound nose guards when he scrambles, and would likely be JUUUUUUUST fine behind a more limited receiver core having excelled at the 1,2 run type look.

We only have Thomas, Miller, and Vannett? My god we are in TROUBLE.

I'm in this camp, myself. I'm not overconfident, we CAN still lose, I just believe that with this coaching staff, and as much leadership coming back from last year as we have, we WON'T lose. It hurts not to have those guys available, but to Urban Meyer's point, "We have recruited well". Factor in that we have depth, talent, and leadership at the most important position on the field (QB), and I think we win by 14 or more.

I recognize the possibility that we could lose, we've inexplicably lost to Purdue, or Iowa before, I know these things can and will happen.

However as much as we will be the favorite in likely every game we play, the players and coaches know we lost to VT last year, it's the last shred of doubt, the last chance you get to be the "underdog" because no matter what the records say about the 2014 season, this game was an L.

Meyer is a coaching genius, he's feeding them this. They will be ready, and I am expecting not only a W, but a mauling. They beat us last year in our house, then went on to lose to Wake gawd damn Forest. I want the team to turn Blacksburg red, leave no doubt that last year was a fluke.

Or, Frank Beamer is Urban's kryptonite and we'll have all season to recover, and get to hear about how we lost to FUCKING VIRGINIA FUCKING TECH all season in route to the playoffs. Hopefully there's another hilarious log-jam in the Big12 and they get shut out again because that would be for the funnies.