College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

Your exhibit has been entered into evidence and will be considered by this Court, counselor. I am inclined to agree with your intimation that Ohio State is not donning stupid neon green buckeye leaves on their helmets just to troll a one very charismatic and perpetually fit Tilley. However, this, perhaps, leaves Ohio State - and my pun was very much intended, counselor - in an even less enviable position of simply being idiotic and clueless. With the troll hypothesis, there is at least some method to their insanity; without it, we are left the conclusion that Ohio State is just plain stupid. I will deliberate and offer my final judgment on this issue at a later date. Thank you, counselor.

Thank you, your Honor.

I'd also move to introduce into evidence the fact that the original idea and design of the Buckeye Leaf helmet sticker was conceived of, and embraced under, the reign of of one Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes, widely considered one of, if not THE, best college football coach in recorded history. Additionally, the Buckeye Leaf is hardly the only iconic emblem Coach Hayes can be credited with leaving to the masses, other notable contributions include the "Block O" hat, the striped red tie, the white, short sleeve button down shirt and the horn rimmed glasses.

While style may not have been his field of expertise, it can definitely be said that the look he created was "timeless".

Given that you are on record having stated multiple times that you have personal issues re: the taste of the articles in question, I would like to move that you recuse yourself from the judgement of this particular case. Clearly, it would be unfair to both you AND the case in question to ask you to remain impartial in these proceedings.

Defense rests.

Edited by Orion

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, your Honor.

I'd also move to introduce into evidence the fact that the original idea and design of the Buckeye Leaf helmet sticker was conceived of, and embraced under, the reign of of one Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes, widely considered one of, if not THE, best college football coach in recorded history. Additionally, the Buckeye Leaf is hardly the only iconic emblem Coach Hayes can be credited with leaving to the masses, other notable contributions include the "Block O" hat, the striped red tie, the white, short sleeve button down shirt and the horn rimmed glasses.

While style may not have been his field of expertise, it can definitely be said that the look he created was "timeless".

Given that you are on record having stated multiple times that you have personal issues re: the taste of the articles in question, I would like to move that you recuse yourself from the judgement of this particular case. Clearly, it would be unfair to both you AND the case in question to ask you to remain impartial in these proceedings.

Defense rests.

I recused myself.

I also just signed up for Sling TV. (I cut the cable about a year ago.) I now have ESPN and ESPN2.