Selling a house, experiences

cybe

I put my place on the market on the evening of 2/10, We had two showings yesterday and two more today are scheduled.

Is this typical? We don't even have photos up..

Here's the Zillow link

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5489-Redwood-Rd-Columbus-OH-43229/33916174_zpid/

Here's an album of just cellphone snaps my lady took

http://imgur.com/a/ZGJyj

Comments/Crits/Observations welcome. Tell me what looks like shit (other than the potato pictures) so I can fix it. Don't really know what to expect.

For the market now, yes.

I had someone message me on Facebook to offer me on my house- it's not even listed for sale. The market is dry right now, perfect time to sell.

Just make sure you already have something else lined up...otherwise you're fucked. Ha

That house should sell fast. My house is nothing special and it got an offer the first day it was listed. That contract fell through and we re-listed it. On THAT first day, we also got an offer, for full asking price.

The mural in the kids room should have been painted over. It sucks, but some buyers would turn down your house because of it. Some people will love it, but it might cost you an offer. As was stated above, in today's market, not as big of a deal, but next time, boring solid colors are best.

I put my place on the market on the evening of 2/10, We had two showings yesterday and two more today are scheduled.

Is this typical? We don't even have photos up..

Here's the Zillow link

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5489-Redwood-Rd-Columbus-OH-43229/33916174_zpid/

Here's an album of just cellphone snaps my lady took

http://imgur.com/a/ZGJyj

Comments/Crits/Observations welcome. Tell me what looks like shit (other than the potato pictures) so I can fix it. Don't really know what to expect.

On another note, I think your house is under value. I'm not an agent, and I don't claim to be, but I am real estate investor with a mediocre little portfolio- I really think you could get 149,900 from it.

For the market now, yes.

I had someone message me on Facebook to offer me on my house- it's not even listed for sale. The market is dry right now, perfect time to sell.

Just make sure you already have something else lined up...otherwise you're fucked. Ha

^^ this. Wife and I are looking to buy a new house 4 out of 4 so far have sold out from under us and didn't even get a chance to bid. Flashing back to the mid 90's.

Planning to put mine up at the beginning of next month. I live a bit outside of town. Im interested to hear replys.

Im nervous about selling it and not being able to find "exactly" what we want. Obviously we can look and get a contigent contract going once we get the listing up...hopefully.

Thank you for the feedbacks!

We're moved - I had a rental that I evicted, we're tucked in there now and going mortgage-free for awhile.

I've got a lot of changes happening at once - eviction of those tenants, rehab and moving in, the sale, a new job starts in a week, and an almost-2 year old mini-me running around. I feel like a rookie several times over and I'm probably making some mistakes along the way.

Undervaluing the house could be unfortunate, but it's not without issues. Eg, the AC conked out last summer, isn't fixed. The dishwasher is old, and the range is a piece of shit. The foundation is piered with steel I-beams, and the basement windows aren't very good.

Still, it's a big bright space with high ceilings and pretty expansive open areas. It feels good. Comps in the zipcode look like crap to me.

At this point, I dont' know if we're the Seuss house, the chalkboard house, house of glass, or what.

I mentioned painting over the mural to ms cybe, she said 'tell 'em to eat green eggs and ham!'

/ramble

Back in August, we put our house on the Market on a Thursday, had a showing and offer on Friday, and then 2 more on Saturday. By Sunday we had a bidding war and $10k over our asking with a signed offer by Monday. Depending on the part of town, houses are selling quickly this year. My only advice is maybe take down those party lights in the morning room. Good luck!

Here in Charlotte its the same thing, they go under contract the same day they get listed. That's nearly every house and townhouse here. Exception being houses with oddly painted walls. Funny how that bothers people.

Not to get off topic but is Zillow and Realtor the best place to find houses as they are listed? Or should my realtor see stuff before I can?

They pull stuff pretty quickly, but your Realtor should have an automatic mls search setup to notify you of anything that meets your search criteria.

Use a Realtor to get the most up to date listings...Zillow and Trulia, and Realtor.com are typically 7-10 day behind...many homes show up as active and are in contract. I am a Realtor and a Broker. Over 20 years experience and a sponsor on CR...Happy to help and I give discounts to CR members. .I make sure my clients make good decisions when buying or selling a home. Bruce Hill, HER 614.565.0005

Planning to put mine up at the beginning of next month. I live a bit outside of town. Im interested to hear replys.

Im nervous about selling it and not being able to find "exactly" what we want. Obviously we can look and get a contigent contract going once we get the listing up...hopefully.

yeah make sure you have something lined up. It took us 18 months to find our house (just got it in sept). We had neighbors at our old place that ended up having to find a rental to live in till they found a place....for 2 yrs.

Market is crazy, we missed on a bunch of places before we got smart and grew some claws. Got lucky on our place.

Truth be told 6 months later I still have my Zillow search active and nothing has come up that I am even remotely interested in, very happy with the purchase.

Our house sold in 4 days.

yeah make sure you have something lined up.

whats the recommended steps to have something lined up?

I mean I know that sounds like a dumb questions but I cant buy something before my house is sold. I can try to get a contigent contract but nobody is forced to hold a house.

You guys are making me paranoid now. :fuuuu:

Homes are moving QUICK right now. If you are unable to carry two payments for a short time, you are always able to write the contract and keep possession of your current home for a little while until you find your next home. Not really uncommon for sellers to retain possession for a month or so and simply pay the new owners a months rent.

If any of you guys selling your homes need a title company hook-up, please let me know. As a seller in Ohio YOU get to pick your title company. Most realtors will want to use their company as they typically get some sort of payback from the title company but I can recommend a title company that will save you considerable cash on the deal. Remember as a seller you are responsible for certain costs and these can add up quickly!

Thanks,

Marc

http://i.imgur.com/AYY6vrz.jpg

We're up to 6 showings now.. I did receive a realtor feedback about paint, so I guess there's something to that advice.

I've heard of Zillow and other sites being behind, but our listing updated within hours of being activated in the MLS

We're up to 6 showings now.. I did receive a realtor feedback about paint, so I guess there's something to that advice.

I've heard of Zillow and other sites being behind, but our listing updated within hours of being activated in the MLS

If you want that room painted, call Jason (wnaplay) and he can get out there fast and reasonably priced. If not, your house will sell anyway.

My wife and I outgrew our house after having 2 kids in 3 years.. we are meeting with a realtor hopefully next week to come up with a game plan.. hoping to find a house out east with a couple acres.

Give me a ring if you would like to have a conversation regarding financing options and pre-approval. 614-339-1206.

Thanks!

-Marc