TurboTax: anyone use it?

PRD2BDF

I will be doing my own taxes for the first time. Years prior, I just bundled my info with my parents for their tax person to do. Now I want to learn about it and thought about using TurboTax

Does anyone recommend it?

Used it this year. Was completely free and i liked using it. Handled my W-2s and my school loan/tuition. I recommend it. Also would check out Intuits MINT budgeting program. Also free.

If you have 1099-MISC income, they started charging to do that last year. Switched to Taxslayer.com and it was free, so I use them now.

Never had a bad experience with either, and I used to have a fuckton of different brokerage statements to input with TurboTax.

Awesome, glad tk see a lot of people liking it. I may just do my taxes tomorrow then with the TurboTax

Don't feel overwhelmed, it's honestly easier than everyone makes it seem. It's just a time commitment and if you fuck up, there's a free no-lube assfucking from the IRS.

As I said before, the first time I did my taxes solo I had brokerage statements from my parents' investments in my name, 1099, 3 jobs, and moved states. It was still straightforward with their program, and I had no issues and have yet to be ridden rawdog by the gub'mint.

Don't feel overwhelmed, it's honestly easier than everyone makes it seem.

Awesome.

It's just a time commitment and if you fuck up, there's a free no-lube assfucking from the IRS.

Waaaaat? You just said its easier than everyone makes it out to be...

I've been using TurboTax every year, ever since I started doing my own returns, except for the first year when I used the H&R Block software. No complaints; very easy to use, and points out tons of deductions that I would never have known about, so refunds have been pretty consistently good.

I set up my mom with a copy, and it drove her insane. So I guess it's subjective.