Found a car for my daughter- 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

caseyctsv

Picked up this little gem for my daughter yesterday. It is a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse with the 2.4 liter and 6 speed auto. It is a ridiculously clean 1 owner car with no reported accidents. It is clearly a "chick" car but I really enjoy driving it. In fact, it is leading me to believe I may want something smaller / lighter for my next toy (was thinking ZL1 / CTSv). Some pics:

Pics to follow

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/2b6537c84353eb057f78c00b07ed6f78.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/7f86354203d5a8f6b36c49c6385f47f5.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/855ee12e2a5008b4df40734cfe86b4f4.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/c708e7266b953cb98e45a764a08f27ea.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/24/1bc88d20264dbf4adcc9a7997585cb18.jpg

If that's your idea of "smaller / lighter"...:lol: I rented one of these a few years ago while visiting family in Long Island, and I kept commenting to my wife how big it feels and what little trunk space it had. The wide haunches and bulbous butt just felt unnecessary.

That being said, Mitsubishi makes a quality product and the styling is still unique. Many happy miles to your family in that car, Casey! :thumbup:

It looks really clean. There is no sign of abuse and neglect from the pictures.

Does it have a low mileage?

Actually no - 138k miles. I cannot get over how clean it is - it was clearly well cared for and spent a lot of time on the highway.

Clay - small compared to a camaro :) I should say a lower, more stiffly sprung vehicle. I have too many ideas on the next car floats my through my head.

Ahh. I thank you for the perspective. :D Yes...definitely smaller than a Camaro.

I agree 100% with you; cars are just so big and heavy today. I watched Chris Harris flog the Lexus RC-F and it's 4100lbs! My V is 3800lbs and that's about as heavy as I'd ever want to go.

Picked up this little gem for my daughter yesterday. It is a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse with the 2.4 liter and 6 speed auto. It is a ridiculously clean 1 owner car with no reported accidents. It is clearly a "chick" car but I really enjoy driving it. In fact, it is leading me to believe I may want something smaller / lighter for my next toy (was thinking ZL1 / CTSv). Some pics:

Pics to follow

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

:). Admittedly I could have worded that better.

I have kicked around a lot of possibilities on the CTSv replacement. A V2 CTSv weighs 4200 pounds. I already have 2 pigs in the driveway (3 if you include the Eclipse). My wife's Volvo even weighs nearly 4200 pounds. I am just not sure which direction I will go but it has to be sporty. The Eclipse is unnecessarily wide but is stiffly sprung and low to the ground. I do not want a FWD for sure - the Mazdaspeed 3 and GTI 1.8t cured that itch.

Car looks damn good for the mileage. As long as she's happy and it runs well, then it's always the right choice. :)

Let's get started on a small, tossable car for you, now. :thumbup:

I was just really noticing last night some difference in weight among two of our cars. The RAV at 3600lbs (the same as my Supra) is actually pretty damn good considering its V6, 4x4 and bigger than most CUV's in its class. The Vibe is 2800lbs which is decently light in this day and age but it is very tall w/a high center of gravity in stock guise. You get used to it and after a bit and stop appreciating the fact its so much lighter than most new cars. Drove the RAV last night after what's been quite some time and was amazed how heavy the RAV felt, now. By the time the night was over, much of that feeling had gone, though. It's crazy how accustomed you can become to each car's dynamics.

I have kicked around a lot of possibilities on the CTSv replacement. A V2 CTSv weighs 4200 pounds. I already have 2 pigs in the driveway (3 if you include the Eclipse). My wife's Volvo even weighs nearly 4200 pounds. I am just not sure which direction I will go but it has to be sporty. The Eclipse is unnecessarily wide but is stiffly sprung and low to the ground. I do not want a FWD for sure - the Mazdaspeed 3 and GTI 1.8t cured that itch.

Do like Littleguy, Sam, and Coltboostin. RX-7 + LSX = endless smiles.

C6, ZL1, or CTS-V are the only acceptable options.

My youngest is a junior in high school so I probably have 1 more car that needs to be somewhat practical (ie not a 2 seater). Once she moves on to college and my oldest gets out of college I can "go crazy". The real issue is I do not have space for an extra "toy"car so whatever I get will have to serve double duty - DD and fun car which is how I ended up with a CTSv the first time. It is also why I have to make some compromises. I am sure a C6 would be perfect if the time was right.