Jeremy Clarkson Suspended By BBC, Top Gear Won't Air Sunday

bmwohio

http://jalopnik.com/report-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-from-top-gear-show-w-1690546352

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended from Top Gear by the BBC following an alleged dispute with a producer. The show will not be broadcast this Sunday, and it puts the future of the hugely popular series in doubt.

The BBC has posted the following on their site:

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer

And The Independent has this statement from the BBC:

Following a fracas with a BBC producer Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation. No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.

Clarkson has always been controversial in the public eye. Last year the BBC basically put him on probation following a video that surfaced where he allegedly said the n-word, which he later apologized for. The recent Argentina episode also had him under fire for the license plate on his car, though that was not the doing of him or Top Gear.

More as we have it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

fra·cas

ˈfrākəs,ˈfrakəs

noun

a noisy disturbance or quarrel.

synonyms: disturbance, brawl, melee, rumpus, skirmish, struggle, scuffle, scrum, clash, fisticuffs, altercation;

I wonder if by fracas they really meant to say fist fight.

One of the things I love (and loathe) about Clarkson is that he is a blunt instrument. I don't particularly care for his politics or non-car related other media projects, but he is the primal ID to Capt. Slow's sensibility and Hamster's bonkers attitude. It sometimes sucks that in being a blunt instrument he sometimes has almost no sense of self preservation (a flaw he and I share) thinking he can make his way on bravado and confidence.

There really is no show without clarkson, just as there would be no show without those other two guys (what were their names again?).

Nathan think Clarksons just gonna say "fuck it" and retire.

I dont see this ending well, in all honesty. He had free reign for so long, that now they want to reel him in, and its not gonna happen, and if they try its just gonna backfire.

I like clarkson, but this was bound to happen.

Try to put a silk dress on a pig and all thats gonna happen is a pissed off pig and a torn dress.

Nathan think Clarksons just gonna say "fuck it" and retire.

I dont see this ending well, in all honesty. He had free reign for so long, that now they want to reel him in, and its not gonna happen, and if they try its just gonna backfire.

I like clarkson, but this was bound to happen.

Try to put a silk dress on a pig and all thats gonna happen is a pissed off pig and a torn dress.

I just got Forrest Whitaker eye from that analogy

:gabe: