Another Machine Shop Question

ShoMeSomeFun

Just purchased a 331 stroker kit for my SBF. My body shop (Keens) is on 5th ave in Columbus and I was thinking of using Ohio Engine Builders (behind Jegs on 11th) to punch out my block and assemble the bottom end.

Any other recommendations, or words of advice to avoid my preferred choice?

Went to Central Ohio Engines today (behind Jegs). Guy quoted me 1400. Is this normal machine costs? I was thinking it would be 800-1000.

Ohio Crankshaft quoted 350, but they dont assemble the short block. I know how to do this, maybe Central Ohio charges and extra 1000 for assembly.

I do not know anything about the quality of work Central Ohio Engines performs. I spoke with a guy in the staging lanes at MCIR that was greatly enamored with them however a few summers ago. I do know that they have new ownership (might explain the number being disconnected) but retained most of the same employees last time I was there.

John Fihe Sold Central Ohio Engines little over a year ago to a company that was next door to him . At 76 he decided to retire . Josh the kid doing the work there now seems to be good Machinist . He worked with Mike Phillips before going to COER . I don't know much about the new owners

Went to Central Ohio Engines today (behind Jegs). Guy quoted me 1400. Is this normal machine costs? I was thinking it would be 800-1000.

Ohio Crankshaft quoted 350, but they dont assemble the short block. I know how to do this, maybe Central Ohio charges and extra 1000 for assembly.

That seems high.