Car Trailer Stolen in Westerville

NXfedRam

My dads 16ft aluma tandem axle tilt car trailer was stolen out of his backyard near the Hoover Dam Maxtown rd. area last week. Please keep a look out. Also a reminder to invest in a trailer lock to keep this from happening to you.

Here's the best picture I have of it

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/bad98sst/image.jpg1_zpsxo5s16ep.jpg

Edited by NXfedRam

chances would be slim they'd ever find it anyways.. not like they go around checking trailer VINs in their spare time. But hey, if I see something like that, I'll let you know. Maybe posting the VIN here would help?

off topic but how did he load the ATVs like that? Roll them up over the side?

chances would be slim they'd ever find it anyways.. not like they go around checking trailer VINs in their spare time. But hey, if I see something like that, I'll let you know. Maybe posting the VIN here would help?

off topic but how did he load the ATVs like that? Roll them up over the side?

Ride them up ( trailers not that tall) or lift the tires up onto them from the side.

Trailers are so easily stolen. If under the weight requiring a title you simply need nothing other than. $3 weigh slip to get a tag. Unless you happen to see your own stolen trailer out and about thieves feel pretty confident to use them without recourse. You could steal a trailer and get your own tag from the bmv within 10 mins time and be on your way.

Mine was unsecured, but tucked away in a secluded dead-end alley. My next one will be VERY well secured.

Speaking of which, would anyone happen to have a 6x10 or 6x12 enclosed trailer for sale?

Or know of any good trailer dealerships around that I could check out.

I keep my trailers locked in a building and don't leave them outside. I just made a lock to put in the tongue but haven't used it yet. I am kind of surprised to hear that trailers are getting stolen right from the truck(at least in Houston recently). I am in process of purchasing a lock for on the truck. Thieves are pieces of crap. Edited by RS69

Mine was unsecured, but tucked away in a secluded dead-end alley. My next one will be VERY well secured.

Speaking of which, would anyone happen to have a 6x10 or 6x12 enclosed trailer for sale?

Or know of any good trailer dealerships around that I could check out.

I dont have a 6x12 but have a nice 4x7 for sale. No title cash only. :gabe:

I dont have a 6x12 but have a nice 4x7 for sale. No title cash only. :gabe:

That sounds perfect! Would you take a trade though? I'm short on cash this week but I've got 14 mint-condition .40 cal hollowpoints, although the brass casing wouldn't be included :masturboy:

Yeah I use a gorilla tongue lock, I also have a pin lock on it. I also plan to run a chain through the spokes between 2 wheels. Maybe even back to one of the trees. Not guaranteed but makes it harder.

Also make note when you are hauling your trailer make sure to get a lock for the receiver pin.

And to further my OCD, use a receiver that the ball is welded on (like the 3 ways). I needed a small drop hitch so I ended up using a regular thread on ball but I welded a big washer at the bottom of the threads. If not they could just pop the ball off and make way with your trailer and everything you have on it.