550hp Ford Taurus SHO

zeitgeist57

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-taurus-looks-like/

Stop after you read that article and think for a second: we live in a world and time when a Taurus makes 550hp and has AWD....and is still basically stock components bumper to bumper.

I'm assuming the same could be done to a Flex or Lincoln MKT...

If the day ever comes, I thought these looked like a reasonable replacement for the G8. I believe dark side has/had both. His sho was for sale on here, looked good.

Yup http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116570

His ran a 12.9 with a few parts hot dam thats fast for any 4 door let alone a Taurus.

...The car puts down 392 horsepower and 426 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. Do a little back-of-the-envelope math for driveline loss, and it's clear that the 3.5-liter V6 is shoving somewhere around 550 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque into the stock automatic gearbox.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
yeah but with over 5k on mods. I'd put that towards a nicer S4 and run just shy of that stock all day.

Its funny because I pulled on a guy with a lightly modded S4. We pulled over afterwards and he told me how he was selling it and considering the Sho for a replacement.

The Sho in the article should run lower 12's. They are great cars and I wouldn't mind getting another one someday.

Its funny because I pulled on a guy with a lightly modded S4.

not sure what lightly modded means though. to me that's just an intake which isn't going to do anything. he'd have to have the software flash to make a pulley work otherwise the computer will bleed off the increased pressure. Once you have both you're running low 12's. At full retail that's like $1,300

...The car puts down 392 horsepower and 426 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. Do a little back-of-the-envelope math for driveline loss, and it's clear that the 3.5-liter V6 is shoving somewhere around 550 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque into the stock automatic gearbox.

LOL

I thought my 6l80 ate up alot of power. but damn, 29%

If the day ever comes, I thought these looked like a reasonable replacement for the G8. I believe dark side has/had both. His sho was for sale on here, looked good.

My mom has a loaded MKS and it drives like a tank. I hesitate to call the G8 nimble, but in comparison... I'd also like to at least drive a SHO to see how much better it feels being tossed around.

not sure what lightly modded means though. to me that's just an intake which isn't going to do anything. he'd have to have the software flash to make a pulley work otherwise the computer will bleed off the increased pressure. Once you have both you're running low 12's. At full retail that's like $1,300

He claimed cai, catback, and tune.

I honestly can't wrap my head around why anyone would like the new Taurus. Huge outside but not so huge inside. Basically a poorly designed SCUV without the rear storage area or 3rd row capability. If I'm driving around a huge car, I at least want the benefit of it being big on the inside.

I can say that I love mine... They are not difficult to make a lot of power with. Tune is 400 bucks with power programmer, the 3bar is 65 dollars, plugs 30 bucks, CAI, 300 bucks... that alone will get you mid to high 12's in a 4 door insanely comfortable Grocery getter that your kids can ride in the back seat.

Yes the car is HUGE! (it's actually longer than my wife's Pacifica) but it has every creature feature you'd ever want and is just impressively fast. (And BTW, I get 26mpg on the freeway) I've always been a die hard chevy guy, but I bought this car and plan on keeping it for the long haul. I was going to bring it on May 1st to the CR Track day, but now I have to go to court, so that's not going to happen.