Need a job for a young soldier

Mojoe

I have one of my guys who is trying to get into carpentry or construction. He is willing to work about anything though. He has his info out there, but just is not getting any call backs. He doesn't have experiance in construction, but he is very reliable and well mannered. He lives in the Polaris area. If you tell him he needs to work all day, he will. He just needs a break. He needs to be at $9.50 an hour or more. He has some college, but is going to be on break for Summer. He can start now. He has finished all his clases.

Help me out if you can CR. Thank you

Some dealerships hire in Lube Techs for Summer time due to heavier workloads so the more experienced techs can do the heavier work. If he is mechanically skilled at all he is already qualified. Downside is he would have to buy some tools more than likely.

What's his MOS? He may be looking for carpentry/construction as just a summer job, but if he's got training, why limit to those when there might be someone out there who can't spend the time training someone because they need a pair of hands Right Fuckin' Now.

Mojoe, have you thought about the carpenters union? Last I checked they were looking. Let me see if I can scrounge up a number.

He has done all the paperwork and applied, but he need picked up by one to get that started. None of the ten in the area have called him back in the last 6 weeks. Thanks man.

What's his MOS? He may be looking for carpentry/construction as just a summer job, but if he's got training, why limit to those when there might be someone out there who can't spend the time training someone because they need a pair of hands Right Fuckin' Now.

He is a truck driver, by MOS. And he is pretty open to whatever for work.

Lowe's is always hiring this time of year. If he goes for lumber/building materials, chances are he'll learn a lot since there's usually at least one or two guys in building materials with an extensive background in construction/carpentry that he could soak up knowledge from. Easy job, 35 hours a week, starts off around $10/hr.

Honda in marysville is always hiring temps, full time starts you at 13.00

Someone's gotta drive the cars off the line and over to the trucks/trains for distribution... hard to beat a person trained by the military to drive stuff around ;)

Lowe's is always hiring this time of year. If he goes for lumber/building materials, chances are he'll learn a lot since there's usually at least one or two guys in building materials with an extensive background in construction/carpentry that he could soak up knowledge from. Easy job, 35 hours a week, starts off around $10/hr.

Boom, two awesome possibilities.

PM me for details. My company is looking for an Inside sales Rep. We are a local Distrubiter of Building materials. It wouldn't be a hands on job, strickly sales and service but knowledge in building materials, carpentry, etc. could never hurt... Starting pay should easily be $13-$14+ an hour. 40 hours, 8-5PM. Great company with full benefits.

Joe, if he's still looking for construction work he can come fill out an application and have him put Art (me) as how he found out about the position. We are hiring all types of field positions for concrete construction.

Lithko Contracting

8065 Corporate Boulevard

Plain City, OH 43064

If he got his CDL through the military, I could probably get him into my company doing yard work. Basically just moving semi trailers in/out doors and into the lot and so on. He wouldn't be on the road at all, just private lots.

Starts at $15/hour I think. Got full time and part time positions

Thanks. I does not have his CLD. He has been through our truck school, but he does not have the miles to qualify for CDL w/ military experiance. We tought him to drive tractor trailer, but it's basically only recognized by us.