spring track day et thread

DKilbourne

10.38@135 1.68 60ft :no:

Then my fuel mixed and my ethanol content went down from 72- 50 :fuuuu: After that a bunch of 10.5s

Couldn't hook to save my life, but had a blast hanging out at the track with everyone!

I love being a part of it, and will continue to support that portion of the event as long as CR will have me. :)

BUT as a clarification, my job is easy... I get the trophies. lol

The real thanks for the HARD work such as coordinating, and actually putting True Street on go to Wagner, Anthony, Tina, and I'm sure many others. I know I saw Paul helping out today as well. If I forgot to mention someone, my bad. Point being, Thank all of you for spending your time for others enjoyment :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone who won a class!

it's a team effort, I'm just the Vanilla Gorilla that gets people where they need to be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone that came out, and a special thanks to a few of you that literally made this event attendance jump in the last few days. You know who you are and it's appreciated.

I apologize I wasn't present for this one, although Tina was nice enough to bust her ass yesterday on my car for twelve hours then drive it out today (Z06 wheels to boot!). Some of you know I've been through quite a bit recently and physically/mentally I have some catching up to do.

Unfortunately, this will be the last NTR private event for the year due to some insurance coverage requirements by the NHRA, but we'll have at least a spring event there for the coming years. We've been working behind the scenes on additional venues and have tentatively lined up a co-op event with Norwalk and a private CR event at the new Dragway 42 for 2015.

We'll keep everyone updated. Thanks again! :)

Thanks to everyone that came out, and a special thanks to a few of you that literally made this event attendance jump in the last few days. You know who you are and it's appreciated.

I apologize I wasn't present for this one, although Tina was nice enough to bust her ass yesterday on my car for twelve hours then drive it out today (Z06 wheels to boot!). Some of you know I've been through quite a bit recently and physically/mentally I have some catching up to do.

Unfortunately, this will be the last NTR private event for the year due to some insurance coverage requirements by the NHRA, but we'll have at least a spring event there for the coming years. We've been working behind the scenes on additional venues and have tentatively lined up a co-op event with Norwalk and a private CR event at the new Dragway 42 for 2015.

yes yes yes and yes.....in already for norwalk..

13.2 at 100 was the fastest on the harley with a 1.88 sixty. I did cut a .006, .011, and a .054 off a hand clutch. Unfortunately I sheered a few teeth off of second gear and bent a clutch fork. Hints why I couldn't seem to get it to shift yesterday.

Since I never finished my licensing passes I promised them I would only run 1/8 mile. My second pass was the best of the three, but I still have some carb tuning to do so the 60 ft. will come down at least 2/10s. Car ran a 5.58 in the 1/8th at 128, then coasted to a 9.51 in the quarter at 102.

Norwalk, huh? fuck yes!

No apologies necessary, hopefully we'll see you at the next event. We all appreciate the work that goes into these. As long as CR is putting on these events I will be at least buying a spot and hopefully participating.

best time was 12.87 at 111. Got to running 12.9 when my times last year was constant 13.1. All I wanted to do was get into the 12's so im happy how my car did on street tires with stiff road race suspension. had a hell of a time getting traction

im guessing wheel hop?

Yes, first run was like crazy same for clay also. The whole rest of the day was spent finding out how much to slip the clutch for it not to hop around the place. On the street I have no wheel hop at all. It's all good though, it's a daily not a track car so anything into the 13s I was happy with.

Only issue is it will have to wait due to losing your yarn monies :gabe:

:lolguy:

Yes, first run was like crazy same for clay also. The whole rest of the day was spent finding out how much to slip the clutch for it not to hop around the place. On the street I have no wheel hop at all. It's all good though, it's a daily not a track car so anything into the 13s I was happy with.

Wish i had know that was you i would of introduced myself

10.38@135 1.68 60ft :no:

Then my fuel mixed and my ethanol content went down from 72- 50 :fuuuu: After that a bunch of 10.5s

Couldn't hook to save my life, but had a blast hanging out at the track with everyone!

I love being a part of it, and will continue to support that portion of the event as long as CR will have me. :)

BUT as a clarification, my job is easy... I get the trophies. lol

The real thanks for the HARD work such as coordinating, and actually putting True Street on go to Wagner, Anthony, Tina, and I'm sure many others. I know I saw Paul helping out today as well. If I forgot to mention someone, my bad. Point being, Thank all of you for spending your time for others enjoyment :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone who won a class!

Awesome guys!!

Hope I can be there next year as long as I dont knock up the old lady again!!! LOL

:lolguy:

Wish i had know that was you i would of introduced myself

Seems like a good portion of cr knows everyone better on here than in person. Need to get those cheap "hello my name is " name tags lol

Seems like a good portion of cr knows everyone better on here than in person. Need to get those cheap "hello my name is " name tags lol

Yea im with ya. I went 13.6 in my gto, but a best 60 of 2.2 with horrid wheel hop every single pass