PSA: Amazon starts charging sales tax in Ohio tomorrow.

Exodus

You *should* have been paying sales tax on any online purchases that didn't charge sales tax with your Ohio income taxes...

What's next, no drinking on Monday mornings?

You're supposed to pay tax on a LOT of things, not my fault the state/feds are poor at enforcing it :)

Regardless, I don't think I'll be renewing prime. The value isn't there, considering many things have an inflated price to cover shipping.

Regardless, I don't think I'll be renewing prime. The value isn't there, considering many things have an inflated price to cover shipping.

Very rarely has this been an issue for me- I dont think i have ever overpayed- usualy quite the opposite.

You *should* have been paying sales tax on any online purchases that didn't charge sales tax with your Ohio income taxes...

Would like to see one persons return that is in true compliance with the law. I bet it's less than 1% of people.

The only workaround is to buy items from individual sellers and not through the amazon warehouse. It is up to the seller if they do or do not want to charge sales tax. Good luck getting your item at the cheapest price doing this.

sure....I'm going to voluntarily offer up more of my money to be mis-managed. No thanks.

As a long time Amazon Prime customer... this makes me very sad. :(

Ditto. Will be looking at some other options. Just placed a $225 order on drugstore.com. Free shipping, no tax and same prices as Amazon if not better. On the bike rack I'm looking at it retails for $249 but is on Amazon for $189. Took about 2 minutes to find a reputable and well rated reseller online that would price match it. No tax and free shipping. Fuck Sales Tax as often as possible.

Theres still newegg I guess.

Absolutely.

The only workaround is to buy items from individual sellers and not through the amazon warehouse. It is up to the seller if they do or do not want to charge sales tax. Good luck getting your item at the cheapest price doing this.

Meh....or in some cases you can go to the manufacturer or another reseller of the product. Most will match amazon or other online prices.

Edited by TTQ B4U