2008 impala 3.5 oil pressure light

shotgun

A couple of days ago with driving home my low oil pressure light came on for about 3 seconds and went immediately off. I pulled over on the freeway and checked my oil and everything was ok. Today it did the same thing with on my way home. Googled searched and it looks like my sensor might be going bad. I stopped on the way home and picked one up. Now I can't find my tools. Anyone in the reynoldsburg area want to make some quick money and swap it out ? I will come to you no problem.

I'm pretty sure it's only one sensor, right above the oil filter.

That's what I've read. It freaks me out each time it goes off. Will not changing it immediately do any kind of damage ? ( I have a friend that could do it Saturday but I drive to worthington everyday for work)

That's what I've read. It freaks me out each time it goes off. Will not changing it immediately do any kind of damage ? ( I have a friend that could do it Saturday but I drive to worthington everyday for work)

As long as the engine doesn't make noise like it really doesn't have oil pressure, it's fine. The sensor is much more common then actually loosing oil pressure, so long as you're confident that you aren't having a real oil issue then it'll be fine.

As long as the engine doesn't make noise like it really doesn't have oil pressure, it's fine. The sensor is much more common then actually loosing oil pressure, so long as you're confident that you aren't having a real oil issue then it'll be fine.

Ok. Yea no knocking or weird idling. Nothing out of the ordinary. Thanks