Enough with cars!

Jewtoys

Screw cars, a helicopter is what you need!

I'm out on the lake 3-5 times a week, and spot at least one helicopter at someone's home, crazy. Sucks wanting something that literally makes no sense.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/411354257.jpg

F that. If I live on a lake I'll be riding my boat everyday.

F that. If I lived on a lake and had a helicopter, I'd be riding a hot chick everyday. You could borrow my boat as I wouldn't need it.

There's a guy my dad knows that lives on his triple decker houseboat on Lake Cumberland and flys his personal helicopter to his office in the city everyday. That's his commute. Met him once, totally down to earth guy.

There's a guy my dad knows that lives on his triple decker houseboat on Lake Cumberland and flys his personal helicopter to his office in the city everyday. That's his commute. Met him once, totally down to earth guy.

Now that's living! I've seen a few where the boats are below, and the helicopter is above. I always see them buzzing around the lake but assumed it was because a airport is along the lake..... Insane money to maintain those things.

Did a Lake Powell vacation one year. Awesome house boat, wakeboard boat, jet skis - thought we had it good until the guy across was towing a guy on a wakeboard with his heli that he eventually landed on his house boat. Some serious money out there.

I was expecting this the first time I flew in one, but I found it surprisingly smooth. They are very loud though.

My brother is a commercial airline pilot. He has flown in two helicopters before as a copilot. Described them both as a fuck ton of vibrations, noises, and everything else that makes you wish you were in a plane.

No thanks.

I was expecting this the first time I flew in one, but I found it surprisingly smooth. They are very loud though.

Yeah same here, very loud but that's about it granted all trips have always been very short but that's pretty much the only reason for one are short trips

Pain to fly, expensive to learn as a privateer.

Small fixed wing is where its at. Get some "road" tires on it an fly it out of our backyard.

I see a few seaplanes as well along the water, which are equally as rad.

But hoping in the back yard, and a quick 90 minute flight to the beach would be nice, or 10 minutes to uptown where you can land at a hotel would become very useful with the traffic here. I don't have helicopter money though :fuuuu:

Pain to fly, expensive to learn as a privateer.

Small fixed wing is where its at. Get some "road" tires on it an fly it out of our backyard.

With you on this.

I don't live in a big enough city to justify a heli and never plan to. A plane would be much more useful and affordable. The maintenance and government mandated safety checks on helis are very costly comparatively.

With you on this.

I don't live in a big enough city to justify a heli and never plan to. A plane would be much more useful and affordable. The maintenance and government mandated safety checks on helis are very costly comparatively.

Yup!

I will be there one day. Goal is to retire on the beach, or with enough land fly a Cessna 150 out of a pull barn.

I love the Poker Run at Cumberland each year.

There are multiple guys that have their boats brought to the lake, land their private helicopter on their house boat or at the top of the hill and are brought down by their man servant, and then race around the lake at 150+mph only to have dinner waiting for them on their boat cooked by their private chef and served by the hooker(s) they rented for the weekend.

Makes me laugh every time I see it. :)

-Marc

It really depends what kind of helicopter you guys are talking about. Most of the new models have carbon composite blades and they are a very smooth ride. Sound just depends on the fuselage, engine type, etc.

They are a blast but unless you are stupid RICH, it's always cheaper to rent or lease one... :D

Yup!

I will be there one day. Goal is to retire on the beach, or with enough land fly a Cessna 150 out of a pull barn.

150s are dumb unless your a broke college student learning to fly... If you want super Cubs and such are where is at