Valve spring life?

caseyctsv

The car I recently purchased has had a cam in it since late 2011 and has had 20k miles put on it. I intended to put new springs in it this winter but am wondering if I am pushing it. This year it won't see more than 3-5k admittedly easy miles - it is a cruiser for me with occasional "spirited" drives. So what say you CR, can I wait until the winter when it is down anyways or should I Do it immediately? For what it's worth the builder, who appears to be reputable and know what they are talking about, said 30-40k miles (that seemed too long to me).

Details: PRC springs, titanium retainers, Comp Cams 231/247 617/624 113 LSA. Based on the fluids and such it has had impeccable care to date

Get a tech who can measure your spring pressures and see if they've weakend if you're worried about it. I've had my Patriot Golds in my Camaro since I built the engine about 30k miles or more ago and I beat the shit out of it. I'm the one who should buy some springs.

Casey, I would say you're fine. I've only replaced mine once and that was when I rebuilt the motor in 2008, I also don't have more than 3000 miles on the rebuild.

Get a tech who can measure your spring pressures and see if they've weakend if you're worried about it. I've had my Patriot Golds in my Camaro since I built the engine about 30k miles or more ago and I beat the shit out of it. I'm the one who should buy some springs.

Cool - consensus says stop being a pansy and drive the damn thing this summer :)

Yes. I don't think eathier of these two cars above have ever consistently been driven softly, if they can survive i am going to think your going to be ok.