Verizon Bill, Possible to get cheaper?

98Formula

I have 450 minutes, unlimited data, 2 GB and pay $92 a month with a work discount of 8%. Every time I talk about this with people I always hear of how they some how got a better deal. Whats up with this? Am I paying to much?

I have 450 minutes, unlimited data, 2 GB and pay $92 a month with a work discount of 8%. Every time I talk about this with people I always here of how they some how got a better deal. Whats up with this? Am I paying to much?

Unfortunately, like most people if you have unlimited date you are stuck on the plan you have unless you want to lose it.

Have you tried calling Verizon and seeing that they can do?

Basically all Verizon plans now are unlimited talk and text and you buy data. You should be able to save a little and no contracts are involved. Also, if that's really all you use your phone you may benefit from one of the cheaper plans at at&t or T Mobile.

You mean you get a whole 1GB of data at LTE speeds?

(Up to 1GB of 4G LTE data. Speeds reduced after 1GB.)

WOW!

:dumb:

Yup...I never go over it, and I also don't pay $90+ a month and then get raped if you do. I stream all the music I want too because T-Mo doesn't count it towards you data.

T-Mobile: 1

Verigay: -9000

Yup...I never go over it, and I also don't pay $90+ a month and then get raped if you do. I stream all the music I want too because T-Mo doesn't count it towards you data.

T-Mobile: 1

Verigay: -9000

I gotta agree with you here. I pay $30 for T-Mobile and get 5GB LTE and unlimited texting. The only negative of my plan is i only get 100 minutes to talk. That's what i use Google Hangouts for though. It's my own version of Project Fi. Been using this setup for like 2 years now.

Saving MAJOR $.

Ah the ability to tether unlimited data :) I used 6GB of data over 17 hours on a trip to Florida, kicked my phone into Hot Spot mode and had 3 laptops/tablets streaming content the entire trip. Now, I had to leave my phone plugged in the entire time and it damn near melted through the dash but yippe!

*From one of those who holds onto his Verizon unlimited plan with a death grip

Ah the ability to tether unlimited data :) I used 6GB of data over 17 hours on a trip to Florida, kicked my phone into Hot Spot mode and had 3 laptops/tablets streaming content the entire trip. Now, I had to leave my phone plugged in the entire time and it damn near melted through the dash but yippe!

*From one of those who holds onto his Verizon unlimited plan with a death grip

^Yup.

Unlimited 4 LIFE!

I gotta agree with you here. I pay $30 for T-Mobile and get 5GB LTE and unlimited texting. The only negative of my plan is i only get 100 minutes to talk. That's what i use Google Hangouts for though. It's my own version of Project Fi. Been using this setup for like 2 years now.

Saving MAJOR $.

Now that's a plan I'd like to have, I'm guessing that was the Walmart only plan they had. My Fi simcard is on it's way though, so I'll give that a try.

i'm grandfathered in to unlimited data. have 450 minutes and 500 out of network texts.

i use a lot of data, usually 10-12gb/month and sometimes close to 20. i text most people through facebook messenger so i rarely even get close to 500 actual texts. i maybe use 100 minutes a month. my bill is like $91. it would cost so much more to switch to a capped data plan. i don't have internet at home (rarely there), so I couldn't just switch to wifi to keep the data down.

not to mention, when i did have internet at home, my 4g was consistently 3-4x faster than my home internet, so I'm not gonna switch to a slower connection.

edit - i read that i could pay an extra $30/mo to be able to tether my unlimited data and use it at home on occasion, and the verizon reps said no. so, i guess my next step is to root my phone (still on a GS3) and do it for free if they don't want my $$

• 2 weeks later...

I pay 45 a month from verizon pre paid and get unlimited text/talk and 1.5 gig of data.

My work, home and school have WIFI so I never use data.

Should I need extra data I can get a 3gig block for 15 bucks I think. Rolls over for 90 days. I have yet to go over on my data though. It might be possible Verizon still see my unlimited plan on data though?

...edit - i read that i could pay an extra $30/mo to be able to tether my unlimited data and use it at home on occasion, and the verizon reps said no. so, i guess my next step is to root my phone (still on a GS3) and do it for free if they don't want my $$

I used to use an app called PDANet to tether my Verizon phone to my laptop. If that one isn't available, I'm sure there are others that would work without rooting your phone. Something to check into... :)