Alphabet Soup is almost gone, only CTS and V left.

Draco-REX

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed preliminary papers and confirmed that the car is considered Sold. Barring any unforeseen bad luck, 556hp of blown Caddy is mine!

Congrats man! Saw a couple coupes this past week. While I couldn't own a two-door, they are sharp.

Congrats man! Saw a couple coupes this past week. While I couldn't own a two-door, they are sharp.

It's funny. Usually when I look into a car, I start seeing them everywhere. But I haven't seen a CTS coupe (V or otherwise) in a while. Pretty cool.

Of course, now that I've said that, I'll probably see 20 by the time I get to the dealership.

Can't tell by the pics, but is it black raven or black diamond tricoat? Congrats on the purchase. A cold air intake gives a little better throttle response, and a lot more audible blower whine. Be sure to bring it out to a cara and coffee some Saturday after you get it.

Can't tell by the pics, but is it black raven or black diamond tricoat? Congrats on the purchase. A cold air intake gives a little better throttle response, and a lot more audible blower whine. Be sure to bring it out to a cara and coffee some Saturday after you get it.

That's the plan; power mods that don't require a tune while the warranty is still good. My starting list is intake (Air raid or New Era), e cutouts (DMH?), and a ported TB.

The listing says it is Black Diamond Tricoat. Sounds fancy.

That's the plan; power mods that don't require a tune while the warranty is still good. My starting list is intake (Air raid or New Era), e cutouts (DMH?), and a ported TB.

The listing says it is Black Diamond Tricoat. Sounds fancy.

Sounds like a good plan. I think stock you'll be more than pleased with the power on hand. $5 says you'll want to sell the other car given how well the Caddy will handle and perform overall.

I still have $5 on it.

The BRZ stays. The only thing I can think of that could replace it would be an Exige S 240 or 260, or an 818R.

pay up
Will pay after he has both and drives the CTS-V daily for further input and feedback.

Will pay after he has both and drives the CTS-V daily for further input and feedback.

I cannot imagine why I would prefer a 4200lb car to a 2800lb one for hustling around cones. That literally like strapping half of another BRZ to the roof.

That's not to say the V won't see an AutoX. It'll be hilarious.

I cannot imagine why I would prefer a 4200lb car to a 2800lb one for hustling around cones. That literally like strapping half of another BRZ to the roof.

That's not to say the V won't see an AutoX. It'll be hilarious.

the V should hold its own in autocross.

i will share one BRZ story as it relates to the V. after work, one saturday, i was headed home to spend some time with the family. pissed because i had to work on a saturday. i'm minding my own business, on the 30 mile freeway cruise home in my caddy. i notice a car several back weaving in and out of traffic. as i get in the left lane, there's a car immediately in front of me, passing a slower car that is in the right lane. BRZ guy gets right on my ass. it takes the car in front of me quite a bit of time to pass the slower car, and the whole time the BRZ is up my ass, swerving right and left as if somehow that's going to get me, or the guy in front of me to go faster.

the guy in front of me passes the other car and gets over, so i decide to pass him---i'm passing him at a decent clip, and about to get over to the right, when the BRZ cuts over aggressively to pass me on the right.

i let him get along side me---he's WOT---and i hammer it, leaving him just a spec in the mirror. after about 5 seconds or so, i decide to slow down (i'm still going triple digits), and i'm wondering why he's not passing me--he's about 3-4 cars back and i can hear him WOT. after about 10 more seconds, i slowed back down to 80, and he passed just glaring over at me. it wasn't until i looked up the specs on this car later, that i realized i was cruising for 10 seconds at 120 or so, and he was likely topped out and couldn't pass.

for some reason i found that funny--he must have thought i was taunting him just staying out of his range for 10-15 seconds.