College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

Fickell alluded to Webb returning at some point during the season

He could. Or he could end up never playing at OSU again. Just have to wait and see.

Some fun stats... Cardale Jones has accounted for a grand total of 1 TD in the red zone for OSU this season. And that came on a 10 yard run in the first game. 4 straight games now he has accounted for exactly 0 TD's in the red zone. OSU as a team is 6/16 on scoring TD's on red zone trips. Cardale is 2/10 throwing with 0 TD's and 2 INT's in the red zone. JT Barrett accounted for 26 TD's in the red zone last season while completing 60% of his passes. Houston's QB scored 4 TD's in the red zone in their win tonight. It was against SMU who has the worst defense in the country statistically but OSU has faced 3 teams with defenses ranked 99th or worse and Cardale has scored 0 TD's against them in the red zone.

Urban talked a bit about the red zone scoring woes so far this season today and this was his quote more or less, "last year we had the QB run as an option and it created a numbers advantage. That's not really part of our offense this year." Yeah, because the QB who could run that offense for you is sitting on the bench. This whole Cardale thing just seems weird. Urban is talking about how it basically sucks they can't run the same offense as last season but he won't take the QB who ran that offense off the bench.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the system that OSU is currently running on offense, it's going to be hard for Cardale to make many plays. They are running a system for suited for Barrett than Cardale. If they start letting Cardale drop back and pass like they did in the 3 games last year, I think we will see a completely different team. This run option BS literally wastes downs and puts us in 3rd and long situations almost constantly. But then again, what do I know? I'm just some dumb fan, so I guess we should trust the coaching staff that they have thought about this 1000 times over?

Also, who is replacing Corey Smith? Any chance we finally see some of Johnny Dixon? What's the word on Torrence Gibson? Is he still hurt, and are we just going to redshirt him at this point? I think Gibson COULD be a big time deep ball threat, but that's assuming he transitions to a solid WR.

I think Gibson is going to redshirt. Urban said true freshman WR KJ Hill was going to play a couple weeks ago but I don't think that ended up happening. Parris Campbell is back healthy this week and he showed the ability to get separation in his time this season but just needs to actually haul it in.

And OSU isn't really running the Barrett offense anymore. They're trying to be almost pro style with no QB run. That's what my post was all about. Urban is running an offense he's never really had success running. I don't know if it's stubbornness, trying to prove he can do it or what, but it's not good. There is basically no read option being run at OSU right now and that's been a staple of an Urban Meyer offense for as long as he's coached. He talked about it during his call-in show yesterday as if he missed running it but he keeps the guy who can run it perfectly on the bench... just weird.

I don't understand why exactly we changed much on the offensive scheme coming from last year. Sure, we lost our offensive coordinator, but there's no way Meyer and/or other offensive thinktanks were that out of touch that they couldn't grasp the plays he was calling, right? And our WR core isn't THAT much different than last year - we're still in that "1 good WR and a bunch of so-so guys" slump.

Anyway, I'm excited for Barrett. Playcalling aside, I think he's smarter than Cardale and he'll help open up the offense a little. We desperately need to pound Maryland this weekend. We need to show that our team can get it together before our big games, and I've got a feeling we're out of #1 if we have another lackluster win.

And our WR core isn't THAT much different than last year - we're still in that "1 good WR and a bunch of so-so guys" slump.

You're kidding right? Last year we had 4 TRUE WR on the field and then athletes that they moved around to make plays. This year we have 1 true WR and a bunch of athletes running around on the field. Michael Thomas is a 1st round talent, Devin Smith was drafted in the 2nd round and is starting as a rookie. While never a major receiving threat, Spencer has been decent enough to bounce around the NFL a bit so far. That is a FAR cry from the WR core this year. They have sloppy breaks, they get into each other's routes (GOD DAMMIT SAMUEL LOOKING AT YOU), they can't push a defender downfield to save their lives, they can't fight through a defender. It's a HUGE difference.

Two B deck seats. Row 5. Padded seats. Client gave them to me but our nanny can't work tomorrow so the wife and I won't be going. Face is $80 per ticket so $160 for the pair.

Would also consider taking one of you guys for free to the game with me.

Requirements

Idea candidate will join me in cheering for all Maryland big plays and OSU failures.

Not weird

Would rage quit our friendship in the event the Buckeyes lose.

Two B deck seats. Row 5. Padded seats. Client gave them to me but our nanny can't work tomorrow so the wife and I won't be going. Face is $80 per ticket so $160 for the pair.

Would also consider taking one of you guys for free to the game with me.

Requirements

Idea candidate will join me in cheering for all Maryland big plays and OSU failures.

Not weird

Would rage quit our friendship in the event the Buckeyes lose.

Step 1: Grab a ballet slipper from your phaggytime dance studio

Step 2: Take said ballet slipper and shove far up into your asshole

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Ha-ha I'd love to go with you just fornshits and giggles. I said a long time ago that OSU had too many athletes and not enough true wr's. That's 100% on urban and how he has recruited the position. Ohio state has missed on several key wrs in all of his classes. I also believe something is up with Jones still starting, who knows though. Also, is Joey Bosa even a player anymore?

75 yard td drive and people are still bitching. 1 busted coverage and the pass D sucks. The only thing ive seen so far to bitch about is our non WR athlete Marshall cutting his route short and costing us a 1st down on the first drive

75 yard td drive and people are still bitching. 1 busted coverage and the pass D sucks. The only thing ive seen so far to bitch about is our non WR athlete Marshall cutting his route short and costing us a 1st down on the first drive

Honestly..watch the secondary play it's awful..not just today every game