WPAFB Museum

mrs.cos

We went with some friends today, and its probably the first time i have bene in almost 10 years.

The remodel they are doing looks great! It took us over 3 hours to walk it all and that was us just kinda meandering and not really reading much. We had two toddlers so we werent super fast.

Definitely worth a return visit if you haven't been in a long while. The presidential and R&D wing is a short busride to see, but the kids were worn out so we didnt make it over there.

And to top it all off.. Its free. :) We got there first thing in the morning so it was nice and quiet most of our visit till about 11am when the busses start arriving with tours of people. (plus it was family weekend with extra events)

My tip for good pics there is to buy the book in the museum gift store that has pictures of all the planes in the museum. Between the lighting and the crowds unless you want pics of something specific it's just not worth it.

But it is an awesome place to visit and I take my boy there several times a year

Did you get any good pics while you were there? It's tough lighting to deal with, wondered if you had any tips on that. Usually it's too busy to get decent pics.

Arrive early :)

I had my settings at on auto ISO in my D750, and was using my 50mm 1.4, - i wasnt out to take great photos today, just be with my family. :)

ƒ/1.8, 50mm 1/160, 2800

21120073443_c4eeb5691b_z.jpgtrish-halterman-4417.jpg by Trish Halterman, on Flickr

ƒ/1.8 50.0 mm 1/160 6400

21120064853_29b32b988f_z.jpgtrish-halterman-4410.jpg by Trish Halterman, on Flickr

ƒ/1.8 50.0 mm 1/160 6400

21554249329_97a9d214fb_z.jpgtrish-halterman-4413.jpg by Trish Halterman, on Flickr

We went with some friends today, and its probably the first time i have bene in almost 10 years.

The remodel they are doing looks great! It took us over 3 hours to walk it all and that was us just kinda meandering and not really reading much. We had two toddlers so we werent super fast.

Definitely worth a return visit if you haven't been in a long while. The presidential and R&D wing is a short busride to see, but the kids were worn out so we didnt make it over there.

And to top it all off.. Its free. :) We got there first thing in the morning so it was nice and quiet most of our visit till about 11am when the busses start arriving with tours of people. (plus it was family weekend with extra events)

I have always wanted to go there but never have. I love looking at airplanes and the pics really make me want to go. Its so close I really dont have an excuse.