IT'S OFFICIAL: Ford Focus RS Makes 350 hp, 350 lb.-ft

RC K9

Focus ST is 3200lbs.

I'd expect 3300-3500lbs.

Seems its the heaviest of its competition if so?

Sounds about right. My 1G with me in it is 3395lbs.

Even at that weight, 350/350 should be pretty potent.

What would be significantly lighter in that class? The Golf R is 3300-3400 right?

the current? I doubt that... My friend's MK7 GTI (no sunroof) with a half tank of gas weighed in at 2961lbs. I don't think the added AWD components add 300lbs. I'd guess 150 to 175 extra lbs

the current? I doubt that... My friend's MK7 GTI (no sunroof) with a half tank of gas weighed in at 2961lbs. I don't think the added AWD components add 300lbs. I'd guess 150 to 175 extra lbs

I googled 2015 Golf R weight and the link showed 3261 pounds before I posted that. I am going to assume that it is right as Aaron did not correct me.

Latest article in European car states that the RWD-->AWD typically adds 200 lbs (comparing a MK7 GTI to MK6 R)

Latest article in European car states that the RWD-->AWD typically adds 200 lbs (comparing a MK7 GTI to MK6 R)

It's actually more like 250lbs. My MK6 R was 3300 even, base 2dr, but had leather, multifunction wheel, better head unit, headlight washers, etc.

The base MK6 GTI is about 3000lbs, then add some of the luxury features, which you can't get exactly, and its 250lbs.

Either way, I'm surprised nobody has a scaled MK7R yet.

It's actually more like 250lbs. My MK6 R was 3300 even, base 2dr, but had leather, multifunction wheel, better head unit, headlight washers, etc.

The base MK6 GTI is about 3000lbs, then add some of the luxury features, which you can't get exactly, and its 250lbs.

Either way, I'm surprised nobody has a scaled MK7R yet.

:shrug:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/45657B90-4E58-475E-9165-68328E7BC8E7_zpslmszva6d.jpg

:shrug:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/45657B90-4E58-475E-9165-68328E7BC8E7_zpslmszva6d.jpg

Shrug indeed.

All the GTIs since the MK5s have been about 3klbs for a base model.

The MK6 R weighs from 3300 to about 3400 depending on option package or not, and 2 vs 4dr.

Their statement isn't wrong, but there is lots of other weight added. Heavier brakes, bigger sways, etc...

Everybody knows I'm diehard GM, but if they don't try to make something even close to that Focus RS I may have to buy a Focus RS in a few years. Sounds like a fantastic daily for a car guy. Plus it'd be a Ford I wouldn't care if it got salt on it. :D

Everybody knows I'm diehard GM, but if they don't try to make something even close to that Focus RS I may have to buy a Focus RS in a few years. Sounds like a fantastic daily for a car guy. Plus it'd be a Ford I wouldn't care if it got salt on it. :D

This. I'm not a dihard any company fan, but I think this would be a blast for a DD.