New here

super_usdm

Hey Everybody - As the title states..

Anyway my second post is coming soon so I can see what this is all about. I am moving from Northern CA to Columbus area in a couple months. Looking for local racing and track day events. My car is below, a few specs:

2003 WRX

E85

360whp

Original owner

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a447/jason_walker6/IMG_3990_zpspmi49wid.jpg

Thanks everyone.

How did you hear about CR?

I was referred here by a guy named Jason... something... on a Subaru facebook page after I started asking about emissions requirements in Columbus (or lack thereof to my pleasant surprise). He's got an old GTX.

What brings you to Columbus? Good news is you'll be about an hour from Mid Ohio if you're looking for track days at a quality facility.

My Fiancee got a job out there with Victoria Secret. So I am following and will be looking for work once I make my way over. Definitely looking forward so checking out MOSCC.

wanna race a stock mustang

I never turn down a chance to embarrass a V8. But we will have to set it up offline to avoid the ban-hammer. ;)

Welcome to CR!

No offense but how much of a time bomb is an 03 WRX with ~435 flywheel hp?

I am asking as I have very strong interest in some day building a factory five 818.

If the manual transmission swap isn't too difficult, I have been daydreaming about putting the h6 3.0 in my 01 outback wagon in one with some boost instead of the wrx 02-07 non STI engine they recommend.

Thanks!

Welcome man. My fav generation of WRX's. Quality intro. +"rep".

PS - this community is about racing, but so much more valuable. What field are you in? People around here always have insight. I come here for my news before anyway else. :) If it's worth talking about, it will be talked about here.

PSS - Emissions? What's that?

Welcome to CR!

No offense but how much of a time bomb is an 03 WRX with ~435 flywheel hp?

I am asking as I have very strong interest in some day building a factory five 818.

If the manual transmission swap isn't too difficult, I have been daydreaming about putting the h6 3.0 in my 01 outback wagon in one with some boost instead of the wrx 02-07 non STI engine they recommend.

Thanks!

The long block it bone stock, so I've considered it a ticking time bomb ever since I bumped up the power. But since then it's seen 6 track days and about 8k of street driving, and I don't take it easy on it. The e85 fuel is definitely the difference. Its at 24 psi.

Depending on how much power you're going for, you may be better off sticking with the EJ series motors. There is the 2L that came in the 02-05 or the 2.5L in 06-07. You may also want to look into the STI motor. You should be able to get a reliable 400whp out of a well built EJ, more for RWD.

Unless you are looking for instant torque or something unique, the EZ30 may be more trouble than its worth.

MOSCC as in Mid Ohio Sports Car Club? Why?

The course in Lexington. Is it no good? It's the only road course I was able to find close to Columbus.

Welcome man. My fav generation of WRX's. Quality intro. +"rep".

PS - this community is about racing, but so much more valuable. What field are you in? People around here always have insight. I come here for my news before anyway else. :) If it's worth talking about, it will be talked about here.

Wow, this forum is worlds better than NASIOC. Thanks - does this mean I am not a 'riceboy' anymore?

I will have to keep that in mind. I am in the accounting field, specifically 'sales' and 'use' tax consulting. Currently looking to secure employment in Columbus :)

The course in Lexington. Is it no good? It's the only road course I was able to find close to Columbus.

Tom prefers parking lots to "race" in. There are a couple of us who frequent HPDE events at midohio. Don't even try to go out if it's wet though, because it will be at most events

• Casper unlocked this topic