Marysville MSF Today...

2 fiddy girl

So today is the first day of my MSF course in Marysville at the Honda plant! I'm so excited! Does anyone know what I can expect today? I heard today (since it's the 3 day course) that it's bookwork today and riding Sat and Sun?...I hope the weather holds off so that we don't have to stand around and try to learn how to ride in the rain...although it might have its perks...ya know, experience in the rain...

My boyfriend is at home today, doin some work on my baby...re-jetting the carbs, installing my full system yosh exhaust and a couple other odds and ends...oh, and washing it. :) ...what a good boy! :popcorn:

So yea, if anyone could give me a heads-up on what to expect either today or the rest of the weekend regarding my class that'd be great...also, anyone attending this weekend??

1st day - bookwork. They show alot of videos. Usually you read it, then view it in practical application. Pretty simple stuff. You'll prolly get a take home test as well.

2nd day - Ride all day. Start out learning controls, how to balance, clutch control. Hopefully you don't have two old guys in your class that can't figure out the clutch. After you do several manuevers you will stop and discuss with the group. It's pretty basic riding, really fun.

3rd Day Ride and Test. You are going to be doing more advanced manuvers. If they give you a chance, work on the box, swerving, and braking. You'll be tested on those. The instructors are great, usually experienced riders. They have a lot of good knowledge to share.

That's about it in a nutshell. Don't be nervous, just pay attention, and you'll do fine!

1st day - bookwork. They show alot of videos. Usually you read it, then view it in practical application. Pretty simple stuff. You'll prolly get a take home test as well.

2nd day - Ride all day. Start out learning controls, how to balance, clutch control. Hopefully you don't have two old guys in your class that can't figure out the clutch. After you do several manuevers you will stop and discuss with the group. It's pretty basic riding, really fun.

3rd Day Ride and Test. You are going to be doing more advanced manuvers. If they give you a chance, work on the box, swerving, and braking. You'll be tested on those. The instructors are great, usually experienced riders. They have a lot of good knowledge to share.

That's about it in a nutshell. Don't be nervous, just pay attention, and you'll do fine!

couldnt have said it better

I just completed mine two weeks ago and it went pretty much exactly like Cdubyah said. It rained for most of the day on Sunday for my class. We had wakes behind us during our tests!! Looking at the forecasts for this weekend I would say to be prepared for rain. Our instructors said that we would ride in anything but lightning.

Take your time, relax and enjoy it!! Well worth the $25!!!

Bill.

Just did mine last tuesday and last sat/sun, glad it was that weekend in the sun, worked on my redneck tan lol.

Anyways, they broke it down to a T. You ll get the take home exam today, just do it as soon as you get home, turn it in tomo, they ll tell you what you missed, if any, then have you correct it sunday and turn it back in.

Riding is well, if youve never rode before good, if you have, well it might be a bit slow... BUT the text is the figure 8 in the box(u turns, getting the motard/enduro helps here), The avoid swerve(you ll be told to go right as thats the harder side to swerve/turn to), braking, and the swooping right hand turn.

Its not hard to pass, but we did have 2 people not get enough points to get their endorsement, so I guess it is possible to fail.

I was the only one out of 24 people who had more then 1 yr seat time, and 22 total people passed in our class. Do the math, chances are good lol.

ENJOY!!

"Redneck" neck being key word. :) Not my wife beater or cutoff tan, just my redneck.

But ya, jeans and L/S t. Someone even got told to put their sleeves down sunday a few times cuz he had rolled them up. They are pretty serious about that due to liability.

Good times.

well they didn't take away my license but I did get 5 points off on the final test for going too fast around the curve :lol:

I wore my ohioriders t-shirt on the last day (under my jacket) and got a few questions so maybe we'll see some newbs :dunno:

the wifey barely passed! :lol: I love her but she was going so slow in second gear that she almost stalled! put her foot down once during the box test but she got her card so now I guess I'm going to be riding bitch

well they didn't take away my license but I did get 5 points off on the final test for going too fast around the curve :lol:

I wore my ohioriders t-shirt on the last day (under my jacket) and got a few questions so maybe we'll see some newbs :dunno:

the wifey barely passed! :lol: I love her but she was going so slow in second gear that she almost stalled! put her foot down once during the box test but she got her card so now I guess I'm going to be riding bitch

I almost stopped by there on Saturday. I was riding up in Delaware but I didn't wanna blow your cover. Your welcome..... :)

So how did it go?

I passed!! Woop Woop! I did really well the whole course then got docked some MAJOR points for not going fast enough in the cornering...damnit, didn't get docked any points in the box or the quick stop.I was focusing too hard, should have just had fun...oh well, I passed, got the card and am going to get my endorsement later this week!

Do you know how many points you can lose, before failing?

I think it's 20 or 21. I can't remember.

:wtf: Are they making it a little too easy?

I think everyone to a degree misses some points.

I missed most of mine in the stopping test. You get docked points for every foot longer it took you to stop than the average.

then got docked some MAJOR points for not going fast enough in the cornering...damnit, didn't get docked any points in the box or the quick stop.

I got docked for the same thing. Not cornering fast enough.

Glad to hear you passed! Congrats!