Anyone ever fix a Hydruallic line?

acklac7

Got a Pinhole leak in my (aftermarket) powersteering line. Would rather not order another since last time it took like 3 weeks to get here. At any rate the leak is near the end of one of the connections, and I believe any shop should be able to cut the bad section out and thread a new connection on.

Did some quick research and a couple of guys on the BMW forums seem to rebuild their lines quite a bit. I guess it's not all that difficult, just requires some collars, connections and a table vice to crimp the collar down.

Anyone familiar with the process? I honestly have no idea how these fuckers are made, nor what is required to fix them. But im half tempted to give it a shot.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=731&pictureid=8343

I had a fucking ordeal trying to get a replacement high pressure PS line for my audi rebuilt locally. Tried a few local places that build hose and they couldn't do it, ended up sending it to Haus of Hose (or was it house of hoes?) in Washington who did a nice job for cheap and under a week.

I can press a new line but not stainless like that.

I would go to hersh packing off 33 or there is a place we use in Gahanna off Taylor station I can't think of the name right now.

What rocky said. Or any napa can make a whole new line.

First, I can almost guarantee that the first 10 hydraulic lines you make will leak, out of the next ten five of them will leak and so on. Also fuck using manual presses. Hydraulic ones are awesome but cost too much unless you are using them professionaly.

Have a pro fix that one, order one or have a new one made.

I'm not sure if they work on that type of line but I really like The Right Stuff when I needed some stage brake lines. Quick and at a much lower price than I expected