Would you Lincoln? (my new car!)

zeitgeist57

Clean 1978 Lincoln for dirt cheap?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Clean 1978 Lincoln for dirt cheap?

• Sure! Land yachts are cool to cruise.
    • Nope. Waste of space and money.

While up in BFE Ohio for work today, I passed by a 1978 Lincoln Continental MarkV. It was a one-owner car and clean as a whistle. Called the old guy that owned it and struck a hell of a deal. Wife is on "maybe" and I'm going to try to win the day.

If it was cheaper than a '90s Neon with 3-wheels (because the old coot is trying to get rid of it on a rural country road), WOULD YOU BUY IT???

http://i.imgur.com/i9lhfKRm.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up with my father driving mainly Caddy's but he did have two Lincolns, a 73 Mark IV and a 78 Mark V. I was just a kid and getting into cars and thought those were cool has hell. IIRC his 78 had a 460cu. V8. I just remember my sister doing burnouts in it :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

If it's cheap enough that you can have fun then unload with no loss to you, then go for it!

Not a dream car, but I think it'd be a blast for a little while.

This is where my head's at. I always wanted a land yacht for at least a little while, but didn't want to make a bodywork project out of one, or tie up $teens in one. This is a great way to get a very well-maintained but somewhat odd-duck representation of that bygone era. Looking forward to cruising.

If nobody else can take you I can after I get off work.

Thanks, Ryan! I have an evening dinner I need to be back for, and unfortunately the drive is almost 3 hours each way...I need to leave by end-of-morning to make this work.

What's the price you getting it for?

"Cleetus-money" ;).