Best year for a Tahoe?

Johny Utah

His 2005 has a speedometer that does not work...clearly impacted by the trouble you highlight.

I've seen that issue in every year of the last couple body styles, it's bound to happen sooner or later. You can get the stepper motors that go bad online and soldier them in, I've never done that though, the dealer just makes you buy the whole thing.

Personally I think they are all pretty good, just need to find one that had maintenance done and isn't rusty underneath.

Only get a 2003....

Parents had a 2003 Suburban, and even with religious maintenance it bent pushrods at 140k or so.... Just stirring the pot though, as it was a solid truck up to that point, and to be fair it towed more weight than it was rated for pretty regularly.

Parents had a 2003 Suburban, and even with religious maintenance it bent pushrods at 140k or so.... Just stirring the pot though, as it was a solid truck up to that point, and to be fair it towed more weight than it was rated for pretty regularly.

That's fooking ridiculous. Makes no scents.

• 3 weeks later...