Milwakee police chief speaking out

10phone2

Pretty much. Keep in mind I'm half black so it's not some racist point, but the inner city black communities refuse to look at their own. Instead of protesting police brutality, how about protesting/going after the influences that causes the behaviors which leads to low education, lack of skill, and behaviors that justifies the stereotypes against them. You could give away free education vouchers at the riots and few would take it but it's always the mans fault.

Pretty much. Keep in mind I'm half black so it's not some racist point, but the inner city black communities refuse to look at their own. Instead of protesting police brutality, how about protesting/going after the influences that causes the behaviors which leads to low education, lack of skill, and behaviors that justifies the stereotypes against them. You could give away free education vouchers at the riots and few would take it but it's always the mans fault.

Which half? Upper, lower, left , or right? It definately makes a difference.

This is funny. You realize no education or good behavior in the world will stop a racist police officer from hurting/killing you because of your skin color right?

This is funny. You realize no education or good behavior in the world will stop a racist police officer from hurting/killing you because of your skin color right?

Pretty sure he means that education and changes in behavior would prevent many of the situations that put these people in the initial confrontations with law enforcement in the first place.

Pretty sure he means that education and changes in behavior would prevent many of the situations that put these people in the initial confrontations with law enforcement in the first place.

I got what he said. I have seen well behaved educated black people myself included put in similar situations from simple traffic violations.

Your behavior and education level can change, your skin color can not. So once again if the police officer sees you as a threat based off skin color alone your behavior and education level means NOTHING to them.

Hell I've read stories on here where members have cussed out police officers, refused their requests and lived to see another day. I have personally been with white friends who have done this recently and joked that if I would have done that I would be dead.. Yeah they aren't my friends anymore but that's the sad reality I have to live in everyday.

It's going to take both sides to solve this issue but as of right now it's one-sided and has been for like... ever.

l36tols1, you are correct that it will take both sides and I do agree that even with education, minorities will still experience some form of intimidation from police. Hell my dad still gets pulled over for basically driving while black in a Mercedes here and there. The thing is that he is polite, answers questions, and shockingly its a non-event and isn't thrown on the ground. He knows it's the occasional profile and that it comes with the territory. So it will still happen, but it the communities are refusing to address any internal issues then it will be ground hog day over and over again.

cdk4219... given i get the worst farmers tan known to man in the sun it varies throughout the year. lol

but it the communities are refusing to address any internal issues then it will be ground hog day over and over again.

^^ This.

In the case of McDonald, his mother needs to look in the mirror and ask herself why her 17yr old son was out breaking into vehicles at a truck yard and carrying a knife then resisting the cops and ignoring their orders.

Black or not, what is so difficult about complying with a peace officer's commands, EVEN IF you are in the wrong? The street is not the proper venue to argue your case. Shut up, comply, and then sort it out in court if need be.

Not a one of these guys I've seen get blasted has done anything to help their situation. Clearly, fighting it out in the street with the racist police officer is the proper way to go about it.

Yea, I'm white. So no I can't say that I know how you feel. I'm sure it sucks, and at times I do feel for those that aren't. But racism, unfortunately, still exists (on both sides). Suck it up, deal with it, and make the best that you can of it. You can't cure everybody of it.